Thread: FS: Sterling Virtuoso 1065HGS w/ Trigger

1. Thumbs up FS: Sterling Virtuoso 1065HGS w/ Trigger

Hello all,

This horn has served me well over the past couple years, including going with me to Carnegie Hall, being used to playe the 'Mars' tenor tuba solo, and being used to play "When Jesus Wept". Now that I won't be majoring in music, I'm looking to give the horn to a player who would benefit from it more.

The horn has had one owner before me, who ordered it directly from Custom Tubas. I bought this instrument from them through this forum.

There are no problems I can think of with this instrument. All plating (silver & gold) is original. I have had the following modifications made to the instrument:
    -Nipples added to the bottom valve caps, allowing a water catcher to be attached (water catcher also included)
    -Work with the leadpipe to improve the bond between the floating leadpipe and the first point of attachment from the mouthpiece (This is visible in one picture)
    -Exchanged the washers on the tuning slide to assist in trigger movement
    -Added a washer to the fourth valve catch to assist in holding it in place
    -Lapping of the 1st valve to even out its movement
    -Exchanged the previous springs with Mead springs, which have been the most reliable springs I have EVER used

I have successfully auditioned for all state band and regional orchestras with this instrument, so I can say it will serve everyone from high school players to college players to professionals.
    David Thornton and Algirdas Matonis are two phenomenal players that play on Sterling, so if you want to see one in action, search them up on YouTube.

The instrument only has 4 blemishes on it:
    -A small scratch on the bottom bow of the instrument
    -A shallow dent on the top bow of the instrument (I believe this was done by shipping, it is close to the bell but the bell is dent-free, meaning the dent was not caused by a
    drop)
    -A small divot on the surface of the leadpipe where a dent was previously rolled out (Does not at all affect playing/air resistance, it is only cosmetic)
    -A VERY small surface dent on the part of the bell that faces your body (only damage caused by me, my watch fell off my stand)

These are included in the pictures and cannot be noticed without careful examination. They do not affect playability whatsoever. The plating is very clean and in very good
    condition as I have always had the guards on the instrument, preventing my fingers from coming in contact with the instrument often. All slides, valves, screws, and valve
    tops/bottoms move freely.

For those who are wondering, I have consistently used Blue Juice valve oil for the valves and Slide-O-Mix solution on the tuning slide to aid in trigger movement.

The price includes the accessories that come with the horn:
    -The Perantucci mouthpiece that came with the instrument
    -Black leather guards from Leather Specialties Company (https://www.lscoguard.com/)
    -A Bach silver polishing cloth
    -MTS Rigid euphonium case

The transaction will be done through PayPal.
    An email to hunternsaunders@gmail.com would be the best form of communication as I will be able to quickly respond. I would be willing to call/text about the instrument if
    requested through email.

ebay link (with more pictures): https://www.ebay.com/itm/173684151038

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171119_125204.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.87 MB 
ID:	6462
    Last edited by Low Brass Chap; 12-11-2018 at 11:59 AM.
    Thomann EP 902SL Superior Euphonium

Eastman Shires ETB432G Trombone

This appears to have been sold so I'm giving it the green check mark. Let me know if that is not the case. Thanks.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Yes, it was just recently sold and I was coming back to update the thread after I shipped it. Thank you Mr. Werden!

So that model is co-listed on amazon/Brooks Mays music store in Texas at $12K. Do these really go for that much in your experience "Low Brass Chap?"

5. I've never seen it go for anything near that. A new one was recently listed and sold on ebay for $5,700 and its listing was advertised on this very forum.

The $12K price tag was either a typo or extremely wishful thinking.
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Denis Wick 4AL