Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wessex Quality Improvements

Stories like this are one reason I dumped by Comcast router and bought my own. In my case I chose an Eero:

https://www.amazon.com/eero-Home-WiF...dp/B0713ZCT4N/

It gives me more autonomy but is still really easy to use. It's a MESH system, which gives better whole-house coverage. Google makes a similar thing, but I don't like them knowing EVERYTHING I do! (They already know enough.)
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

2. Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    McAfee used to be a pretty good product but I'm not so sure anymore. I was a forum moderator about 20 years ago for McAfee when the best version was version 7.

BUT... you might not have any choice in the matter if it's included as part of your internet service provider.
    Interesting fact: Google's first video search result for "How to uninstall McAfee" is a video that starts with "And now, an message from John McAfee, Founder, McAfee Software" and ends with a laptop running McAfee AV being shot!

The video is actually rather amusing, in its own way. Definitely NSFW (and so I won't link to it), but that the founder of a company put out such an obvious hate video against his own software and then stars in it speaks volumes about that software, even if John McAfee is the textbook definition of "eccentric millionaire."

Definitely not surprised that McAfee is gumming up the works. It's what the company's products do best these days.
    Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. What you throw away, you'll never get back.

-- Kenshin Himura

1974 B & H Imperial / Bach 3G -- no LTE mouthpieces for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post
    Interesting fact: Google's first video search result for "How to uninstall McAfee" is a video that starts with "And now, an message from John McAfee, Founder, McAfee Software" and ends with a laptop running McAfee AV being shot!

The video is actually rather amusing, in its own way. Definitely NSFW (and so I won't link to it), but that the founder of a company put out such an obvious hate video against his own software and then stars in it speaks volumes about that software, even if John McAfee is the textbook definition of "eccentric millionaire."

Definitely not surprised that McAfee is gumming up the works. It's what the company's products do best these days.
    I just watched this video. It is hilarious. The only good news is that I got an email from today from McAfee that said they had reviewed my request about the wessex-tubas.com site and they have revised their assessment of the site from a medium threat to a mild threat. So I think that means that shortly my router should be able to let me get there again. I had no idea when I bought this router that I would have this much trouble with internet access. I've learned a lesson to avoid McAfee at all costs, which is fairly easy to do on a Mac, but less so on modem / routers and PCs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123