Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wessex Quality Improvements

Works fine for me, too.

That's strange. I can access all of the links above without errors. iPad as well.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

3. Quote Originally Posted by pvflanigan View Post
    This is the error message I get.
    wessex-tubas.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: prod1.shp.mcafee.com, *.prod1.shp.mcafee.com Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
    I don't seem to be able to get around this. I tried accessing it with the link suggested above: https://global.wessex-tubas.com
    Only two things I can think of off the top of my head:

Completely clearing browser cache (and maybe even doing a total uninstall and reinstall of the browser).
    Making sure your system date and time are accurate.
    Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. What you throw away, you'll never get back.

-- Kenshin Himura

1974 B & H Imperial / Bach 3G -- no LTE mouthpieces for me!

I am also getting there fine. I notice that the SSL certificate on the site has a start date of 12/10/2018. It's possible your browser has cached the previous one, I suppose, but that doesn't explain the message about "McAfee" that you get. Or...I looked at the website and it has no reference to McAfee in the code. I wonder if there was a security seal from McAfee on the site a while back, and if that has now expired. Your browser may be caching the previous version of the page.

Have you tried opening a private window and going to the site?

And what browser are you using? I have found that Macs with Safari tend to cache things much longer than they should. Dumping cache might fix it.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I just checked an external service and the page works there, too. Look at the waterfall graph (stacked lines). If something were not loading there would be a red line all way across.

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/1...all_view_step1

So somehow or other, your browser (or maybe your Internet Service Provider) is getting in the way.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post
    Completely clearing browser cache (and maybe even doing a total uninstall and reinstall of the browser).
    Clear the DNS cache as well.
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

pvflanagan,

That is McAfee software installed somewhere inside your environment doing web traffic interception, most likely on your router. IIRC, shp.mcafee.com is used by their Secure Home Platform product. If you got your router from your ISP (Comcast, AT&T, etc.), you'll want to reach out to them for support, otherwise contact the manufacturer.
    Adrian L. Quince
    Composer, Conductor, Euphoniumist
    www.adrianquince.com

Kanstul 976 - SM4U

Quote Originally Posted by adrian_quince View Post
    pvflanagan,

That is McAfee software installed somewhere inside your environment doing web traffic interception, most likely on your router. IIRC, shp.mcafee.com is used by their Secure Home Platform product. If you got your router from your ISP (Comcast, AT&T, etc.), you'll want to reach out to them for support, otherwise contact the manufacturer.
    Thank you Adrian. This is the first suggestion I think will work. I've tried clearing cache on browsers and DNS but that didn't work and it actually didn't make sense as it was happening in three different browsers. I've been reading about my cable modem / router and it does appear that it has the McAffee Secure Home Platform installed in it and that this is the guilty culprit that is holding on to the bad certificates. I had this same problem with eBay a few weeks ago when their certificate expired. It took forever before I was able to access that site again. So while the aim of the product seems to be good, it is a pain in the tail when it's not responsive to known trusted sites that have glitches in their certification. I'll talk to them and see what can be done.

McAfee used to be a pretty good product but I'm not so sure anymore. I was a forum moderator about 20 years ago for McAfee when the best version was version 7.

BUT... you might not have any choice in the matter if it's included as part of your internet service provider.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Quote Originally Posted by RickF View Post
    McAfee used to be a pretty good product but I'm not so sure anymore. I was a forum moderator about 20 years ago for McAfee when the best version was version 7.

BUT... you might not have any choice in the matter if it's included as part of your internet service provider.
    After spending nearly two hours talking with various people at McAfee today, I now understand the issue of why I can't get to wessex-tubas.com from my computer network. My router has the McAfee secure home platform installed in it and it is intercepting internet traffic and looking at a database it has for malicious site. When the wessex-tubas domain got put on the list because of an expired security security certificate apparently they reclassified it as a medium security risk. The information contained in the data base says there is spyware, adware, key loggers, blog and wiki there. Some of this is accurate. So even though the security certificate is now current, I'm still being blocked from going there. I've requested a review of the domain and a change to the information. It should take a week or so. With my current cable modem I apparently have no choice but to live with this situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast