Sponsor Banner

Collapse

Elliott Euphonium - Lyndon Baglin Endorsement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • booboo
    • Oct 2008

Nice case.

Comment

• ChristianeSparkle
      • Jun 2018

I'm dying to see an Elliott in action!
      "Never over complicate things. Accept "bad" days. Always enjoy yourself when playing, love the sound we can make on our instruments (because that's why we all started playing the Euph)"

Euph: Yamaha 642II Neo - 千歌音
      Mouthpiece: K&G 4D, Denis Wick 5AL

https://soundcloud.com/ashsparkle_chika
      https://www.youtube.com/user/AshTSparkle/

Comment

• TheJH
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by davewerden View Post
        Wow - what a great opportunity. I wish I had had a chance to study even one lesson with Lyndon. He's my hero!

It's hard to beat the sound and power of the original Sovereign 967. For full-out band playing it is a force to be reckoned with! Its downfall in my experience was in more delicate playing, or in a chamber setting. The huge sound that was so nice in band playing became a bit hard to manage in smaller settings. And some of today's horns have a much more even note-to-note response and better intonation.
        I can definitely share in the experience of the power of the original Sovereign. In one of the bands I play (on my B&H Sovereign) I'd always had the feeling I was blown away by the other principal euph player so I would try to at least match his sound and power but I could never quite hear myself. Note that the other euph player is much older, more experienced and more of a power-type player than I am. When I mentioned this to a friend of mine who sits at the far other side of the band, he told me that he could hear me FAR better than the other principal euph player! I was quite shocked, to say the least.
        Euphoniums
        2008 Willson 2960TA Celebration
        1979 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign (Round Stamp)
        Mouthpiece: Denis Wick SM4
        Baritone
        1975 Besson New Standard
        Mouthpiece: Courtois 10

Comment

• Himura
          • May 2017

Originally posted by TheJH View Post
          I'd always had the feeling I was blown away by the other principal euph player so I would try to at least match his sound and power but I could never quite hear myself.
          Were you seated to his right? It sounds like you more than matched what he was doing AND that he probably could have used a more tender touch with his own horn.

We had to switch the seating in my band's section for the same reason. Neither of the other two players (a Yamaha 321 and a Jupiter 1020) could hear themselves when to the right of my Imperial. I really do try to not unleash the full power of the horn right into someone else's ears, but it's quite easy for an Imperial or Sovereign to steal the show in a mixed-make section.
          Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. What you throw away, you'll never get back.

-- Kenshin Himura

1974 B & H Imperial / Bach 3G -- no LTE mouthpieces for me!

Comment

• TheJH
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Himura View Post
            Were you seated to his right? It sounds like you more than matched what he was doing AND that he probably could have used a more tender touch with his own horn.

We had to switch the seating in my band's section for the same reason. Neither of the other two players (a Yamaha 321 and a Jupiter 1020) could hear themselves when to the right of my Imperial. I really do try to not unleash the full power of the horn right into someone else's ears, but it's quite easy for an Imperial or Sovereign to steal the show in a mixed-make section.
            Yep I'm seated two seats down to him (he played on an Adams E2 at the time) on the right. Couldn't hear the euph inbetween us two either. Luckily he doesn't go overboard like that anymore now, so I don't have to either xD
            Euphoniums
            2008 Willson 2960TA Celebration
            1979 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign (Round Stamp)
            Mouthpiece: Denis Wick SM4
            Baritone
            1975 Besson New Standard
            Mouthpiece: Courtois 10

Comment

Working...
            X