Thread: Robert Childs - Lament from Stabat Mater - K. Jenkins arr. A. Wainwright & R. Childs

Robert Childs - Lament from Stabat Mater - K. Jenkins arr. A. Wainwright & R. Childs

What a beautiful piece of music and playing. Thought I'd share in case you haven't seen this video. Beautiful playing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPpYqjG6HFk
    John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium

2. It really is beautiful.

I heard David play this at the Montclair Citadel a few years back (2010). I played it with piano accomp. at NABBA in 2012. Then I got to play it with the NABBSS program in Halifax, NS in 2014 under Bob Child's baton.

This piece is deceptively difficult. Breathing, range, and control must be top notch. It is available from Prima Vista Music (Dave Child publishing house) with brass band accomp. The piano accomp is unpublished AFAIK.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    It really is beautiful.

I heard David play this at the Montclair Citadel a few years back (2010). I played it with piano accomp. at NABBA in 2012. Then I got to play it with the NABBSS program in Halifax, NS in 2014 under Bob Child's baton.

This piece is deceptively difficult. Breathing, range, and control must be top notch. It is available from Prima Vista Music (Dave Child publishing house) with brass band accomp. The piano accomp is unpublished AFAIK.

Doug
    Thanks for sharing. I bet it is a challenge to perform. His breathing on the video is incredible. To maintain a beautiful sound and have that kind of control is special. Is the piano accompaniment is unpublished how were you able to obtain it if you don't mind my asking. I'm sure that would be a really fun piece to perform.

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium

4. Quote Originally Posted by Davidus1 View Post
    If the piano accompaniment is unpublished how were you able to obtain it if you don't mind my asking. I'm sure that would be a really fun piece to perform.
    I got the piano accompaniment from Jonathon H. Romero, a student from University of Louisiana - Lafayette in 2012. I don't know where he got it from and I don't have current contact information. Send an email to David Childs and see if he has a copy floating around. He can be reached at EUPH4DAVE<at>aol<dot>com.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    I got the piano accompaniment from Jonathon H. Romero, a student from University of Louisiana - Lafayette in 2012. I don't know where he got it from and I don't have current contact information. Send an email to David Childs and see if he has a copy floating around. He can be reached at EUPH4DAVE<at>aol<dot>com.

Doug
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium