Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Denis Wick SM ULTRA4 XR

1. I agree about the "mpc lending library". It would be a great way to try out various mouthpieces without having to invest a lot of money doing so in an effort to find the one that works best for you.

If I could figure out a way to make it work without being worried people would keep them without returning them, I’d do it.
    Last edited by miketeachesclass; 11-29-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Maybe require a deposit that they get back when they return the mouthpiece(s). Or the pink slip to their car.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, Wessex EP-100 Dolce Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium
    Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone, Edwards T396-A Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YSL-891Z Jazz Trombone
    Wessex TE-360 Bombino Eb Tuba
    Rapid City New Horizons & Municipal Bands (Euphonium)
    Black Hills Symphony Orchestra (Bass Trombone), Powder River Symphony, Gillette, WY (Tenor Trombone)
    Black Hills Brass Quintet (Tuba)

Maybe the pink slip to their horn...
    Mike Taylor
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium
    Besson BE2056 Baritone
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone
    Illinois Brass Band
    Star United Mini Corps

Depending on which horn of mine we're talking about, that might be a great deal...

Dennis
    One show at a time...

1966 Besson 181 New Standard highly modified Wick SM4 & 4AL
    1918 Hawkes & Son euph 3&1 original
    1917 Conn C/D/Eb mellophone original
    1915 York Bb tenorhorn original Bach 6.5AL
    1905 DeVries Bb saxhorn restored Bach 5GS

All, a discussion on MP lending library is fascinating but.... It is cocooing inside the nest of this lovely and narrowly defined thread on the Wick SM4XR MP.... How about giving the cocoo its own fine nest... Perhaps Dave Werden can migrate MP Library posts to their own dedicated thread... Besides refocusing this thread to its original topic, it would give the MP Library idea so much more visibility.

Regards, G.
    Euph - Wessex EP104 Festivo - SM4U
    Flugel - Kanstul 1525
    Trpt - Adams A4 LB
    Bb Cornet -Carolbrass CCR-7772R-GSS
    Eb Cornet - Carolbrass CCR-7775-GSS

Yeah, I digress a little too often.

That said, I did take some photos of the SM4XR in comparison to other pieces, and I have a number of thoughts on how it plays. I’ll try to post those after a concert today.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by guidocorona View Post
    All, a discussion on MP lending library is fascinating but.... It is cocooing inside the nest of this lovely and narrowly defined thread on the Wick SM4XR MP.... How about giving the cocoo its own fine nest... Perhaps Dave Werden can migrate MP Library posts to their own dedicated thread... Besides refocusing this thread to its original topic, it would give the MP Library idea so much more visibility.

Regards, G.
    Mike Taylor
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium
    Besson BE2056 Baritone
    Yamaha YBH-301M Marching Baritone
    Illinois Brass Band
    Star United Mini Corps

Hello Mike, I am looking forward to read your thoughts about SM4XR post your use of it in the concert yesterday! G.
    Euph - Wessex EP104 Festivo - SM4U
    Flugel - Kanstul 1525
    Trpt - Adams A4 LB
    Bb Cornet -Carolbrass CCR-7772R-GSS
    Eb Cornet - Carolbrass CCR-7775-GSS