Thread: C.G. Conn 22I 4 valve euphonium "short action" RARE for sale

Thumbs up C.G. Conn 22I 4 valve euphonium "short action" RARE for sale

I have listed a C.G. Conn Connstellation 22I 4 valve euphonium "short action" RARE 1956 Brass, laquer euphonium for sale on ebay. Starting bid at $400 plus shipping.

SOLD FOR $521 - WOW!

Link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conn-Connstellation-22I-Euphonium/132816199066

Here is the description:

C.G. Conn 22I 4 valve euphonium "short action" RARE 1956 Brass, laquer

This is for a vintage C.G. Conn 4 valve euphonium model 22I. This euphonium has 4 short action valves and a forward/sideways/rear facing removable bell. The serial number is 611635. According to the Conn serial number list, this euphonium was manufactured in 1956. This instrument was never sold by a retail store. It was kept in Conn's engineering department as a prototype. When Conn closed it's Elkhart plant in the early 1970's the instruments in the engineering department were sold to whoever happened to be there at the time. It shows the model number as 24I/10 which would indicate the intended finish as lacquer. This must have been a concept horn because the 24I came to be the Connstellation. However, the Connstellation models that went on the market had standard stroke valves, not the short action valves that are on this euphonium. The 4 short action valve euphonium that preceded the 24I Connstellation was the 22I model.

This euphonium that is up for sale has 4 short action valves, like the 22I, but the configuration of the fourth valve tubing is that of the 24I. The finish is raw brass. There's dents and wear but still very usable and in good playing condition. The instrument has recently been chemically cleaned and had all the slides and valves serviced. The horn plays very well and is a very warm and easy to play horn. Conn case in rough but useable condition with black duct tape repair on it.
    Last edited by davewerden; 10-19-2018 at 06:59 AM.

Heads up! Only 1 day left on this auction and the current bid is $435.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium