X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZRuss
    • Oct 2018

new to the forum

Just joined the forum. On the lookout for a Conn Constellation 4-valve Euphonium or any other 4-valver with the same configuration. Been playing the Conn for 58 years and the valves are just plain worn out. I was finally forced to rebuild my hard case last year as it was on the verge of collapse.
  • RickF
    • Jan 2006

Welcome to the forum.

Did you see this one for sale?
    http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...k#.W70_xxopChA
    Last edited by RickF; 10-09-2018, 09:52 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches

El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    The Cowboys (John Williams, arr. James Curnow)
    Festive Overture(Dmitri Shostakovich)

Comment

• daruby
      • Apr 2006

Azruss, where are you located? I have one but will not ship it. In fantastic condition.
      Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
      Concord Band
      Winchendon Winds
      Townsend Military Band

Comment

• highpitch
        • Mar 2006

Doug, he lives in Peoria, AZ, to the NW of me by some 60 miles.

Dennis

Comment

• Jasonium
          • Dec 2007

Hi Daruby, I believe I referred you to Hall many years ago for his Constellation. Is there a reason you're looking to get rid of it?
          Yamaha Neo 642TSII
          Denis Wick SM4 Ultra X

Comment

• daruby
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jasonium View Post
            Hi Daruby, I believe I referred you to Hall many years ago for his Constellation. Is there a reason you're looking to get rid of it?
            Yes indeed you did. I have done some significant maintenance (plastic valve guides and replating of 1st valve) on the horn to improve its playability, repaired the case, and had a MPC adapter made. Otherwise the horn is exactly like it was when I purchased it from Hall on June 1, 2007. This includes original 100% lacquer (no re-lacquering), complete trigger assembly, and just a few scratches and minor dings on the outer branch. I also bought a well worn straight bell and nice case from a 25i Connstellation and a silver and gold Conn 5 Connstellation medium shank mouthpiece. The straight bell needs to be buffed and relacquered but I did have all of the dents removed. So my "24i/25i is in about as good of shape as one can be.

HOWEVER, at this point, the only time I use it is occasionally when doing outdoor caroling at Christmas time and for Tuba Christmas. I would love to see the horn in the hands of someone who would use it. Otherwise I will gladly keep it and treasure it for the many wonderful memories I had when playing a 24i for 6 years during my HS and JC career.

Doug
            Last edited by daruby; 10-10-2018, 09:48 AM.
            Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
            Concord Band
            Winchendon Winds
            Townsend Military Band

Comment

• Jay
              • Sep 2018

I have one listed on ebay (and here) as of today. Feel free to ask any questions.

Comment

Working...
              X