Thread: In Good Company

In Good Company

As a US Army veteran, I am amazed, impressed, jealous, and amazed (yes, I said amazed twice) that so many of the contributors to this forum are current or former military band performers.

When I enlisted in 1997, I auditioned on trumpet, but failed to impress. I took my horn along and was, luckily, able to be a part of various small local ensembles with fellow service members, i.e. brass quintets at Army Balls.

This is also the very first music/band related forum that I have joined, and it seems to span a great deal in the age demographic. It stands to reason that there would be a greater representation of military bandsmen.

All in all, I think it’s wonderful, and I’m glad to have stumbled upon this forum.

Thanks for your service Clayton. Hope hurricane Lane stays away from the Hawaiian islands.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

So far so good. Bit of a breeze right now where I am, rain on and off. I’ve been concerned about the timing of my deliveries, though. I got my Miraphone gig bag yesterday, and my new-used XO is supposed to arrive on Friday.