X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dorothy
    • Jul 2018

Euphonium? by Getzen

Any information to help me find out more about this instrument I purchased for my son is needed. All I have is that it was made by Getzen believe it to be a 3 button Euphonium and am need of selling it. When I purchased it for $2000.00 I was told it was made in Germany but don't know what year and that they are no longer making them. At the same time I was also told it was a Baritone? After a little research I believe it is a Euphonium. Any help would be appreciated.
  • RickF
    • Jan 2006

Hi Dorothy. Welcome to the forum.

Don't know a lot about Getzen's but they did make an 8230 (called a baritone) and an 570 Capri euphonium that look like the pictures below. (click on picture for larger image)

Getzen 570 Capri:

Click image for larger version

Name:	570-large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	117335

Getzen 8230 baritone:

Click image for larger version

Name:	8230.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	117336
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches

El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    The Cowboys (John Williams, arr. James Curnow)
    Festive Overture(Dmitri Shostakovich)

Comment

• Dorothy
      • Jul 2018

8230 Baritone it is!

Originally posted by RickF View Post
      Hi Dorothy. Welcome to the forum.

Don't know a lot about Getzen's but they did make an 8230 (called a baritone) and an 570 Capri euphonium that look like the pictures below. (click on picture for larger image)

Getzen 570 Capri:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6161[/ATTACH]

Getzen 8230 baritone:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6162[/ATTACH]
      Rick,

Thank you for the opportunity to join and the kind "welcome". This has been the best site for anything related to horns. Truly appreciate the quick response and the pics helped us determine it's the 8230 Baritone. Question is...after he's been playing a Baritone for 7 years, he's ready to move on to other instruments and I don't really know how to price this horn. We purchased this one 2 yrs ago and condition isn't the greatest, but sound is. Since he will no longer be using this instrument wondered if this forum allows items for sale, and what it should list for?

Thank you again for your assistance.

Dorothy

Comment

• RickF
        • Jan 2006

Yes, you can try to sell the Getzen here on the forum. You would post here in the section, “For Sale / Wanted to Buy”. Not sure how much you could get for this. I see one on eBay for around $500. It is a student model so there may not be many here looking for that type horn, but it can’t hurt to try.
        Rick Floyd
        Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
        Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches

El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
        The Cowboys (John Williams, arr. James Curnow)
        Festive Overture(Dmitri Shostakovich)

Comment

Working...
        X