Thread: An intimate look inside the Wessex factory with Chuck Nickles

1. An intimate look inside the Wessex factory with Chuck Nickles

Join Wessex Technical Consultant, Chuck Nickles, as he gives us a compelling & honest insight into the design and manufacturing processes inside our factory; the invaluable working relationships formed, and the all-important act of quality-checking every single instrument before it’s delivered to you.

www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

That's a fun video - thanks, Jonathan! I liked hearing what Chuck had to say, but it is also cool to see a few scenes of the factory, etc.

I also the way he related the philosophy of Wessex "want[ing] to make new instruments that weren't just straight copies of something already on the market."
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Does the euphonium towards the end of the video look a lot like a Hirsbrunner? If it's a new Wessex design, I would be curious to learn more about it.

Robert Pendergast, DM

4. Quote Originally Posted by euphisto View Post
    Does the euphonium towards the end of the video look a lot like a Hirsbrunner? If it's a new Wessex design, I would be curious to learn more about it.
    We often reference existing instruments during development, often multiple different ones. Much easier than starting with a blank sheet. That was a Hirsbrunner being referenced
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

That makes a lot of sense! Keep up the good work, Jonathan!

That factory looks really neat & well organized. Very good to see the amount of hand finishing going on, too.

DDG