Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guidocorona
    • Jun 2018

Thank you so much Brandon for the additional information!

Guido
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

Comment

• bbocaner
      • May 2009

Brandon was kind enough to let me blow a few notes on his new E3 after rehearsal last night and it's fantastic. It does seem to be a "magic" combination. It's an absolutely huge sound but it feels surprisingly nimble to play. Some of these larger and heavier instruments tend to feel like a truck and this was not the case with his new instrument. The articulations are really well defined and it's got a nice "zing" and "pop" to the sound. Brandon sounded particularly awesome on it -- he sounds awesome on anything he plays, but he was getting comments from a bunch of band members about how good it sounded. I played my own E3 with it back to back and felt mine had a little less well-defined slots and a slightly lighter sound, although still very big. I felt like my own instrument might be a tiny bit easier to play, but that might just be my familiarity with my own instrument.
      Last edited by bbocaner; 03-11-2019, 07:42 AM.
      --
      Barry

Comment

• JakeGuilbo
        • Feb 2006

I couldn't agree more with the above ^^^ I fall more and more in love with my .6 yellow brass silver plated E3 every day. The snakewood finger buttons are something to behold too. I only have a heavy valve bottom cap on the 4th valve - once I made this addition I didn't even try to add any more caps, I had the sound I wanted dialed in! No trigger for me although sometimes I wish I had one.
        Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
        K&G 3.5D
        ---------------------------------
        Founder and Solo Euphonium
        San Francisco Brass Band

Comment

Working...
        X