Thread: FS: 1917 C.G.Conn USQMC 4-valve Double-Bell Euphonium

Thumbs up FS: 1917 C.G.Conn USQMC 4-valve Double-Bell Euphonium *Trade Pending*

UPDATE 6/4/18: NOW OPEN TO TRADES! Will trade in a heartbeat for playable Eb tuba of any shape, or anything I find interesting, just send me a PM!

Make: C.G.Conn Ltd.

Model: New Wonder (?) Double Bell (built for USQMC)

Valves: Good compression and smooth action with regular oil, plating issues on 2nd and 4th (doesn't affect playability), otherwise very good. The 4th valve serial number doesn't match the horn. It's about 24,000 higher, but it still dates to 1917, so I'm not sure what happened there. 4th valve button is from a 1919 Conn sousaphone, according to my tech. It's not original, but it's very comfortable and doesn't look out of place.

Finish: Satin+Polished silver, averages 5/10 (missing in some areas, decent everywhere else). Bell engraving 90% crispy.

Dents and Dings: a few, nothing that impacts playability

Tune to A440: Yes, every slide except the 3rd was cut at some point previous to my ownership

Location: Fremont, Ohio. I can ship to the lower 48. If you want to pick it up in person, you can do that too.

No mouthpiece, case, or gig bag is included. Will be packaged well if it is shipped.

Price: $1,750 plus S+H to lower 48 (if shipping is desired). PM me if you're interested! Click HERE for pics!

If you have any questions, just ask! I'd keep this horn around, but I don't play it much because my King 2266 is more ergonomic.
    I would prefer not to trade, but if you're dying to have this horn and don't have the dough, throw me some bait and we'll see if I bite.
    Last edited by RickF; 06-20-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    Avid horn collector, check my profile to see what I've got (not enough room to reasonably squeeze 14 horns down here!)
    YouTube Channel: TheNEWTrombonium

Trade pending!
    Avid horn collector, check my profile to see what I've got (not enough room to reasonably squeeze 14 horns down here!)

On 6/19/18, this double bell was traded for a 1933 H.N.White King model 1235 EEb tuba. This thread needs a green checkmark!