Thread: Looking for brass ensembler music with euphonium part

Looking for brass ensembler music with euphonium part

Any suggestions for a brass ensemble piece having a good euphonium part? Ideally it would not have piccolo or e flat trumpet parts, just standard wind band instrumentation.

Thanks,

Mike

Jim Curnow has written a few different pieces that have nice euphonium parts. He follows the Salvation Army tradition, so euphonium is treated quite well. We've done some in church (can't recall the titles right now, but they may come to me later). As I recall he included parts for both "styles" of brass writing, so you might see a treble clef trombone part, but there would also be a bass clef part.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Robert Childs (brass band director, euphonium player, David Childs father) has also made some good arrangements for brass band and, as you might expect, they have nice euphonium parts.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm looking for brass ensemble, not brass band.

5. You might look into “A Song for Japan” by Steven Verhelst.

Music here:
    https://www.scribd.com/document/3638...s-Ensemble-pdf

A nice performance here:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zrxt2XBufIo

The score I linked to does not show a piccolo trumpet part even though there is one, beautifully played, in the recording.
    Last edited by MikeS; 05-21-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Last edited by davewerden; 08-17-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Jim Curnow has written a few different pieces that have nice euphonium parts. He follows the Salvation Army tradition, so euphonium is treated quite well. We've done some in church (can't recall the titles right now, but they may come to me later). As I recall he included parts for both "styles" of brass writing, so you might see a treble clef trombone part, but there would also be a bass clef part.
    Dave, do you have any links to where I could find some of the Curnow arrangements for brass enembles, especially those of sacred music?