Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CQ CQ --calling all amateur radio operators!!

When I have time, I usually start with 15 meters and work my way to 80 ( or 160 if I stay up late enough, which I don't). Mostly active in the late afternoon with 30 and 40 meters working FT-8. I haven't worked SSB phone in years, maybe since 2011. I have my DXCC with 136 confirmed but I'm a bit lazy with other projects. 10 meters is fun because you can log a lot of Technician class ops who are hungry for contacts on the HF bands. I'm good QRZ, eQSL, and LoTW. I quit the Bureau when Covid hit. Antennas: Hustler 4BTV with 30 meter band trap & 100 radials, Butternut HF5B beam, 260 foot end fed wire over the house up to 35 feet, ancient Cushcraft AR270 vertical for vhf/uhf, homemade VHF quad in the attic along with a 10 meter band folded dipole, antennas all over the place. Radios: Yaesu FT-840, Icom ID-5100 and Icom 51 HT, Yaesu FT-817, Yaesu FT-2900, and a venerable Kenwood TM-733 and a BTECH UV-5X3 for 220. 73
    Last edited by Bartoneuffer; 10-14-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Call sign NA1AN, extra class. The license is current, but I am not active.

By the way, (true story) I once saw a car with a license plate KR2NST. I figured it was probably a call sign, so I knocked on the door of the nearest house to ask about it, and the owner said that the license plate was not a call sign. It was a vanity license plate that stood for "cartoonist."

LOL!!
    You anywhere near Logan? One of my favorite places on earth!!
    Jim Williams N9EJR (love 10 meter CW)
    Formerly Principal Euphonium in a whole
    bunch of groups, now just a schlub.
    Shires Q41, Yamaha 321, 621 Baritone
    Wick 4AL, Wessex 4Y, or whatever I grab.
    Conn 50H trombone, Blue P-bone
    www.soundcloud.com/jweuph

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    LOL!!
    You anywhere near Logan? One of my favorite places on earth!!
    I went to graduate school at Utah State University, in Logan, Utah. Logan is also one of my favorite places. I now live near Salt Lake City. The call sign story (KR2NST) took place in Richland, Washington.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123