X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sara Hood
    • Mar 2017

Does Yamaha TMPSL fit my horn?

I am thinking about purchasing a plastic mouthpiece for my small shank baritone. I am considering the Yamaha TMPSL because it advertises itself as a general purpose trombone mouthpiece. My problem is I can't find out whether it fits a small shank horn. The seller says ask Yamaha, and I can't find any information on the Yamaha website. And none of the major music stores online seem to sell that particular mouthpiece. I am concerned. Does anyone on the forum have experience with this mouthpiece and what it will or will not fit?
    - Sara Hood
    Baritone - 3 Valve, Compensating, JinBao JBBR1240
  • iiipopes
    • Feb 2016

I do not have any experience with the particular mouthpiece. I did find this description of the mouthpiece: "The inside diameter of mouthpiece TMPSL for the exercise for the trombone follows the general standard mouthpiece which the beginner is easy to have and is molded." That lets me know that even though it is the small shank, or tenor trombone size, it is no larger than a Bach 12C, which is too small for a baritone.

If you want a plastic mouthpiece, Kelly lexan is the accepted standard. They make a small shank 6 1/2 AL that will fit your baritone receiver. They also make a medium-shank 5G which is a little larger both in cup and in shank size, but which the shank may be easily modified to fit a small receiver.

Comment

Working...
    X