Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Besson New Standard

1. SOLD!!

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have posted here but I have decided to put my Besson New Standard euphonium up for sale. I bought the horn in 2016 from Horn Stash in Palatine, Illinois and it has served me very well these past two years. It is in wonderful condition with only lacquer wear and a couple dings on the bottom bow. It is outfitted with a first valve lever to help with those pesky Eb's. There is also a third slide mechanism that uses a pull ring to move the slide while playing. It has the typical sharp Eb, E and F but alternate fingerings work well to bring them in tune, plus the first valve lever. Glorious, colorful Besson sound. Pictures will be taken and posted later today. Horn is located near Chicago, Illinois. $2500 with a hard case and gig bag. Shipping can be arranged if the buyer pays. I just cleaned the horn and it's ready to go. I already posted this below but I'm trying to move this quickly to fund a CC tuba. If you're at all interested make an offer. I'll strongly consider reasonable offers.
    Last edited by Clockwork; 01-07-2019 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Updated information

2. I forgot to mention my reason for selling. I am looking to go a different direction equipment wise, and this sale will help me fund a different horn. Also, the horn was just cleaned by Dana Hofer and is in great shape. The bell has been rolled out once, just on one side.

3. https://drive.google.com/folderview?...AjZiF7chGJyVgJ

Here are the pictures. Let me know if this link doesn't work, and if you would like to see anything specific, I'll gladly take a close up shot of it!

The Google Drive photos need to be open to viewing by anyone with the link. It asked me for permissions, which of course I don't have.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

5. It should be taken care of now, thank you for letting me know!

6. Just a suggestion--you may want to include serial number and/or when it was manufactured, and whether it takes medium or large shank mouthpiece.

7. The serial number is (I think, this is the only number I can find) 442764. It does have a large shank receiver.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    The serial number is 442764. It does have a large shank receiver.
    That is an appropriate serial number for this horn. It was originally manufactured between Jan 1967 and Jan 1968 (i.e. a 1967 horn). Given the addition of a 1st valve trigger and 3rd valve ring, I can safely say that the receiver was replaced as well, since this horn would have come with a medium shank receiver in 1967.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

That's good information. According to this link; your NS looks to have been built in 1967. Good luck with the sale.

This was the same model year that my teacher/mentor, Fred Dart, played for many years. He also had the receiver changed to large shank. He sounded great on that model too.
    Last edited by RickF; 04-07-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

10. Thank you for the information! I had no idea the receiver was replaced, it looks great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast