I received my hand strap back around the end of March and have been using it since then....thought I would do a little review since I’ve been using it consistently since then.

I love this thing! I tend to be a “belly hugger” when I play and had considered getting/making a lap pad for a while before deciding to try the strap first.

I play on a hirsbrunner and the strap fits just great. There seems to be a lot of adjustability. It’s longer than it needs to be for my horn, but with it adjusted properly there’s not too much extra strap hanging off or anything of that sort (so no modification needed at all).

I’ve found that when using the strap, I tend to hold the weight of the horn more evenly without pulling it in against myself. This was my goal. My left hand also tends to not get tired as quickly.....the strap puts the weight of the horn kind of on the knuckle of my index finger where it meets my hand, so my thumb stays relaxed and my index finger is free to work 4th valve. My right hand also seems to have less tension because I’m not trying to hold the weight of the horn much if at all with that hand.

In short, the strap seems to relieve a lot of tension for me......highly recommend!