Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euphonium Hand Strap: "Comfy Euph Strap"

I ordered one as well. I haven't tried a hand strap before, I'm hoping it helps make euphonium playing more comfortable!
    --
    Barry

Received my hand straps today and am very very happy. They are extremely comfortable and very easy to use, will post some pics (unless others beat me to it) in a day or so when I get a chance. If you're on the fence about buying these, do yourself a favor and get them, you'll not regret !!! I ordered three different backings (Sherpa, black fleece and foam).
    Sherpa and fleece I like best on my lighter euphs, foam on the heavier ones. Anxious to see how others feel

3. Hi, everyone. This is Valerie, the maker of the Comfy Horn Strap and the Comfy Euph Strap. I'm tickled pink to be making Euphonium straps again. It's been a while. I really enjoyed filling orders this week. I brought one to my brass ensemble rehearsal last evening to see how it fits. The euphonium player who tried it fell in love with it and would not part with it! I took pictures, but I don't know how to post in this forum, yet. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon. I hope this product helps euphonium players be more comfortable when they play.

Welcome to the forum, Valerie!

I think it is a fortunate situation that a system you invented for the French horn could be adapted to work so very well for euphonium. In my own case, I went through an evolution more similar to a horn player's than many folks experience. For decades I have dealt with a bit of weakness in my left wrist (old over-use injury). I had a horn-like solution I used for a while, which was affectionately called the "duck foot." It was basically L-shaped with one end mounting into the music lyre box on my 3rd valve slide. The other leg of the L was curved, flattened, and widened, and fit into the "crotch" of my left hand, just below the knuckle of my first finger. It did help support the weight of the horn and made holding it feel more "secure." However, it did not have a pivot like many of the horn paddles do, and it had to be un-mounted to put the horn in its case. It was also a little uncomfortable over time. But now, with your horn strap, I have a solution that is more comfortable, more supportive, AND can be left on the euphonium when I put it in the case. Perfect!

It's also nice that we can choose different colors and designs to satisfy the other part of our artistic sides. Attached are the two straps that are on their way to me. I'll post photos of them on the horn once they arrive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Euphonium Strap - My Two Choices.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	470.7 KB 
ID:	5959
    Last edited by davewerden; 03-23-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

5. Thanks, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    I think it is a fortunate situation that a system you invented for the French horn could be adapted to work so very well for euphonium. [snip]
    How does this differ from the other horn strap you had recommended (which I currently use, by the way)? Thanks.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

Quote Originally Posted by dsurkin View Post
    How does this differ from the other horn strap you had recommended (which I currently use, by the way)? Thanks.
    The original strap I recommended was also designed and produced by Valerie. Her new version is the same strap, but with better padding and also more visual/design options.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

8. Good service? You bet!

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    I suspect her customer service is always good, subject to her perhaps being on a trip or something. When I talked to her I gave her a heads-up that I would post her info, and she said should would go ahead and make up a few to be ready! I like that!
    I even ship basic black straps when I'm on vacation. I've done it for years for French horn players, I'll do it for Euphonium players as well!

Valerie

I just recv'd mine today. I ordered the 'basic black' with fleece (which is also black BTW) on the 20th I think it was and it came in 3 days! Very well made of good quality materials. Thanks Valerie.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

10. Thanks for posting info about these. Just placed an order today.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast