Thread: Double bellers

Double bellers

Just curious as to what brand and size those of you with double bell euphoniums are currently using. Thinking of experimenting when the time comes, thanks to all.

Currently I'm using a 4BS, but I may switch to a 5G. The 4BS is just a bit too large-feeling for the horn.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. I used a 5G or a 6 1/2AL
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

I use an H.N.White Equa-Tru 28 with my 1917 Conn double bell. It makes the little bell sound more trombone-like, and the large bell a little bit edgier but of course it still sounds nice.
    Avid horn collector, check my profile to see what I've got (not enough room to reasonably squeeze 14 horns down here!)
    YouTube Channel: TheNEWTrombonium

5. I don't play a double-bell, but I would imagine that, as posted above, something like a 6 1/2 AL might be a good mouthpiece, especially since it is not too deep, to get the contrast between the tones of the two bells.

6. I use a Bach 6 1/2 AL on my CONN 30I and Holton Double Bells. It seems to work fine.
    Jim Babbitt
    1960s 4 valve and 1971 3 valve Besson New Standards (Denis Wick 6BM) for regular playing
    1936 Conn 5 valve 30I Double Bell (Bach 6-1/2AL) General Purpose Back -Up
    1924 Buescher 5 valve (the Denis Wick is close) and 1940 Holton 5 valve (Bach 6-1/2AL) Double Bells for kicks.
    1860s OTS Saxhorn when history is required (the Denis Wick fits)