Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen the Wessex double bell

For me Jonathan, the smaller upright bell idea would be well utilized. I can foresee numeous performance and rehearsal situations where I would indeed mute the smaller bell. I believe it would certainly make a great option to choose from for those who may be interested. Great to see Wessex is always on the cutting edge of new ideas.

Thanks, Jonathan, for the update. If you have a chance to test a QHR left hand strap on one, I'd be curious about the utility. Otherwise, like you said -- sitting. Looking forward to finding out pricing and deposit into.
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

Jonathan, I have a QHR strap. I can bring it on Saturday if you want me to. We can try it on both the Duplex and the french tuba
    Last edited by 58mark; 02-06-2018 at 09:20 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by 58mark View Post
    Jonathan, I have a QHR strap. I can bring it on Saturday if you want me to. We an try it on both the Duplex and the french tuba
    Yes do - I don’t know if I have ever seen. Thank you!
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

not a problem. You can borrow it and I'll get it back from you at TMEA if you wind up liking what it does for the grip

It's actually a nice thing for all 3+1 euphoniums. I can't sit a horn in my lap even when sitting (obvious reasons if you've met me) so I have to use a strap full time or my left hand gets WAY too tired

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathantuba View Post
    Yes do - I don’t know if I have ever seen. Thank you!
    You can see the strap in action in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRUETWKxLT4

It is fastened around the large branch, just below the bottom brace between that branch slides. See the photo below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QHR Hand Strap Mounted.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	5870
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

You all got me excited about getting one of these straps -- so I got online to buy one and I see that it no longer seems to be available? Anyone know where I could get one?
    --
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bbocaner View Post
    You all got me excited about getting one of these straps -- so I got online to buy one and I see that it no longer seems to be available? Anyone know where I could get one?
    I'll sell you mine for a $1000. :-)

Actually, that's disappointing. I've had mine for a few years and it really does help. I was hoping to get another one. I also noticed that their lap pad (another great item) is gone from the website. Maybe contact them and see what's up.

Mike

Just sent an email to Bill Ricker their director of operations, as I am interested in purchasing more as well. I'll give a shout if I get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooke View Post
    I'll sell you mine for a $1000. :-)

Actually, that's disappointing. I've had mine for a few years and it really does help. I was hoping to get another one. I also noticed that their lap pad (another great item) is gone from the website. Maybe contact them and see what's up.

Mike
    Bill is a FB friend; I've just sent him a PM.
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast