Thread: King 1135 $400, King 2280 $650

1. Thumbs up King 1135 $400, King 2280 $650

I've got a couple of horns I want to sell.

2 years ago I decided to learn to play an instrument. Although I have a music degree, I never learned to play an instrument. I bought an old beater of a King 2280 euphonium that had been reconditioned to playing condition. It's not a "looker." It has dents and solder marks all over it. At a tuba Christmas last year, during a break, it was kicked across an aisle and put a "spider" crack in the middle part of the bell. That's the bad news. The good news is it plays great and sounds great. (might be the player, eh!)

I'm asking $550 plus shipping for it or best offer. I live in Northern Michigan and don't mind driving a bit to meet. It will come with a hard case and your choice of a mouthpiece. I have a Bach 6.5AL, Schilke 51D, Conn 5GR, King 5G, Dennis Wick 4AL and a No Name that came with the horn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	euph front.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	5772

Name:	euph back.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	5773

Name:	Euph valves.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	4.48 MB 
ID:	5774

Name:	Euph Crack.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	5775

The second horn is a King 1135 3/4 size Bb tuba. Again, this is not a pretty horn. Just like the euphonium, it's been reconditioned to playing condition. I had the valves worked on and it plays nicely -- although, they are a bit noisy. It sounds very nice also.

I'm asking $400 plus shipping for this horn. It will come with an almost new Wessex gig bag and a Bach 18 mouthpiece.

Name:	tuba front 2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	4.26 MB 
ID:	5776

Name:	tuba back 2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	5777

Name:	Tuba valves.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	5778

I am a motivated seller. Please, don't be afraid to make an offer. Both horns have been played successfully in community bands and ensembles. In the case of the euphonium, I just want a new one. In the case of the tuba, I want a CC tuba. So, these have to go. I'll gladly consider a trade for the tuba if you've got a CC sitting around collecting dust.

I want to make sure, if you're interested in these horns, you know what you're getting. The pictures seem to make them look better than they do in real life. (Quite the salesman aren't I.)

Be Well! KKORO
    Last edited by KKORO; 01-17-2018 at 09:16 PM.

2. Tuba is Sold. New price on euphonium -- $550 OBO.

KKORO

3. All Sold!

KKORO