Thread: Mouthpieces close to a Lehman M

Mouthpieces close to a Lehman M

I had my Euphonium set up with a med. (Euro) shank receiver so I can use a vintage Lehman mouthpiece. What I'm looking for actually is a large shank mouthpiece for my bass trombone that has a rim size and feel as close to the Lehman as possible. The inner rim size of the Lehman appears to be between and Bach 1.5 and Bach 2 size but is there a mouthpiece out there in that rim range that is closer in profile to the Lehman (which has a flat rim with a sharp inside rim). I'm kind of leaning towards the Bach 1.5 rim size for bass bone I'm currently using a Doug Yeo on bass which but I finding it hard to go back and forth between the two really different rim sizes these days, so I want to get the Euphonium and Bass trombone mouthpiece rims as close as possible without getting into custom options.

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I had my Euphonium set up with a med. (Euro) shank receiver so I can use a vintage Lehman mouthpiece. What I'm looking for actually is a large shank mouthpiece for my bass trombone that has a rim size and feel as close to the Lehman as possible. The inner rim size of the Lehman appears to be between and Bach 1.5 and Bach 2 size but is there a mouthpiece out there in that rim range that is closer in profile to the Lehman (which has a flat rim with a sharp inside rim). I'm kind of leaning towards the Bach 1.5 rim size for bass bone I'm currently using a Doug Yeo on bass which but I finding it hard to go back and forth between the two really different rim sizes these days, so I want to get the Euphonium and Bass trombone mouthpiece rims as close as possible without getting into custom options.
    Try contacting Dave Houser. He used to make Lehman style mouthpieces. He may be able to make cut your bass bone mouthpiece and fit it with a Lehman screw rim. Also, be aware that not all Lehman mouthpieces have the same rim characteristics. I have an original Del'Osa Lehman mouthpiece (which is now called the Lehman medium) and it is somewhat different than the rim on the Lehman small that I got from Dave Houser. The problem is that various copies of the Lehman pieces have been made over the years and each one is a little bit different.

Mike