• Show
Clear All
  • Roger
    • Oct 2017

Mouthpieces

Has anyone tried the Wedge mouthpieces?
  • MichaelSchott
    • Mar 2012

Wanted to try one but I need a Euro shank and they don't make one.

Comment

• NorthernEuph
      • Jun 2015

I recently tried a Wedge rim on a Doug Elliot setup for trombone (LTG cup and G8 shank) . It's a Wedge version of a 101 rim. For me, it performed exactly as described. I felt I had noticeably more endurance and I felt that my high register was more secure. Granted, it's hard to say to what extent that was the rim and what was the DE Elliot cup and shank. My next step is to see how this rim behaves with a cup and shank that are more suited to euphonium.
      Dave Harrison's brother, Jay, is a trombone player that lives in the same city that I do and he was the first one to recommend the Wedge mouthpieces. I personally know a couple of pro players who endorse the Wedge rim and I respect their opinions. They have played professionally for many years and experimented with lots of different equipment in that time. All I can say is that if you have a chance to try one, do so.
      Last edited by NorthernEuph; 12-01-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Roger
        • Oct 2017

Thanks for the responses. Their money back guarantee is generous, so all I have to lose is a little time.

Comment

Working...
        X