Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New- Cronkhite Bag for Miraphone 5050

1. New- Cronkhite Bag for Miraphone 5050

I was on the Cronkhite (Torpedo) site this morning and they are now showing a euphonium gig bag for the Miraphone 5050. It wasn’t there yesterday so it really is “new” like it says. I just thought I’d pass this along.

http://glenncronkhite.com/product-ca...uphonium-bags/

(edited to correct for autocorrect)
    Last edited by MikeS; 11-14-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Cronkhite retired as far as I know, so I assume this means Torpedo has taken over the business? It should by a nice synergy no matter how it came about.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

That's good to see they're making a Cronkhite bag for the M5050. I'll have to look into getting one of these. The Miraphone blue bag provides good protection, but I'm not a big fan of 'top loading' bags.

There was a discussion on TubeNet about Torpedo taking over Cronkhite in August and the owner/founder of Torpedo bags (Steve Kriesel) posted in that thread. Here's a direct link to his post:
    http://forums.chisham.com/viewtopic....631521#p631521
    Last edited by RickF; 11-14-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I emailed these folks three weeks ago and never got a reply. Just called this morning and got a recording so left a message. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I heard back from the Cronkhite Bags (now owned by Torpedo). They are in fact making gig bags for the M5050 euphonium. The lady on the phone (Lindsey) stated that they've sold 10 so far. All bags are made to order and it takes 4 to 6 weeks for delivery (6 - 8 weeks during the holidays). The price for leather is $596, and $394 for 1000D Cordura. BUT they're currently running a sale with 20% off until 12/19 using the coupon code of "Cronk17". There's one description of the bag that is in error. It states, "One zippered side pocket for convenient storage, another open side pocket for music." There is no open side pocket - just the one zippered pocket. That's too bad as I really need another pocket for music. Our band has a huge leather folder that takes up quite a lot of room.
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I know someone with one of the new bags and, believe it or not, they are actually even higher quality than the original Cronkhite ones! The torpedo folks are heroes!
    --
    Barry

Rick-

i have one of these that I bought with my first 5050. I tend to use the blue miraphone bag more often than the cronkhite, as I think the Miraphone bag does a better job protecting the bell

Don Winston

I think you're right Don. I have the Miraphone bag and other than it being a "top loader" it's good.
    Rick Floyd
    YEP-641S (recently sold)

Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Top loader isn't a big deal with a euph. It is a giant PITA with a long tuba like my Hagen. I have the miraphone bag for that horn, and just ordered a Cronkhite.

Hello DJWPE and all, one full year since the last post.... Which bag protects 5050 better.... Miraphone or Crnkhite?

Regards, Guido
    M5050L - DC2&3, SM2&4U, BT16, Carbonaria Heavy & New
    Wessex EP104 Festivo - available
    Carolbrass CCR7772 Bb cornet - Available

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast