Thread: FS: Wessex Dolce Euphonium with TRIGGER in Silver-Gold

Thumbs up FS: Wessex Dolce Euphonium with TRIGGER in Silver-Gold

This Wessex is a few years old because it has the trigger. Condition looks very good. There is a dent in the bottom bow, but it is not under a cap and should be fixable if it bothers you. Valve caps are gold colored with the main horn in silver plate. It includes the original case plus a gig bag. Current bid is $605.

ITEM SOLD FOR $1,035

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WESSEX-Dolce-Silver-Compensating-Euphonium-w-Tuning-Trigger/122851130418

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	5699 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	5700 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	5701
    Last edited by davewerden; 12-15-2017 at 07:28 PM.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

2. I had a Wessex Dolce with a trigger that I got in 2014. The trigger mechanism itself was somewhat clunky, the trigger guard kept falling off, and the horn itself was stuffy and difficult to slot. I can see why Wessex discontinued this variant of the Dolce.

That said - it appears newer versions of the Dolce minus the trigger are generally better horns. The ones I hear in person from other players sound great, and get rave reviews.

Certainly Wessex is committed to continuous improvement, so all else being equal I'd want a good discount for buying a used one. Even with Adams that would be true, because the company is also improving the horns each year.

Some people were disappointed when Wessex dropped the trigger (the Dolce Cantabile model), so this is a chance to get one. For any interested here is my mini-review of the Cantabile I played when it was still a current model:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/entry.p...-XO-and-Wessex
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium