Thread: Help needed.... Anyone lliving close to the Warburton factory who owns a 4AL?

1. Help needed.... Anyone lliving close to the Warburton factory who owns a 4AL?

Hi All,

I'm busy with Warburton to have a custom mouthpiece created. Basically a BT16 (demondrae) with the inner dimentions of the Wick 4AL. Now Warburton needs a Wick 4AL to measure the dimentions from. I could ofcourse ship a Wick 4AL to them. (from the netherlands to the USA). But perhaps someone could help me out and provide a 4AL that they don't use to Warburton. I'm willing ofcourse to pay for shipping costs made to help me out.

Perhaps someone is even intrested in a copy of the mouthpiece and we could even reduce costs this way.....

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Tim
    Euphonium: Adams E3 Custom Series (SS Bell)
    Trombone: Benge 175F

It seems very peculiar to me that Warburton -- a major mouthpiece manufacturer and custom shop -- (a) doesn't have a Wick 4AL, (b) doesn't know the dimensions of a Wick 4AL, (c) doesn't have an employee who has a Wick 4AL, and (d) doesn't know anyone in their immediate area of Florida who has a Wick 4AL. Never mind the possibility of contacting Wick business-to-business and as a professional courtesy getting the dimensions of a Wick 4AL.

Why in the world would they need a customer half a world away to provide them with an example of one of the most commonly used trombone/euphonium mouthpieces on the planet?
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)