Thread: Help needed.... Anyone lliving close to the Warburton factory who owns a 4AL?

1. Help needed.... Anyone lliving close to the Warburton factory who owns a 4AL?

Hi All,

I'm busy with Warburton to have a custom mouthpiece created. Basically a BT16 (demondrae) with the inner dimentions of the Wick 4AL. Now Warburton needs a Wick 4AL to measure the dimentions from. I could ofcourse ship a Wick 4AL to them. (from the netherlands to the USA). But perhaps someone could help me out and provide a 4AL that they don't use to Warburton. I'm willing ofcourse to pay for shipping costs made to help me out.

Perhaps someone is even intrested in a copy of the mouthpiece and we could even reduce costs this way.....

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Tim
    Euphonium: Adams E3 Custom Series (SS Bell)
    Trombone: Benge 175F

It seems very peculiar to me that Warburton -- a major mouthpiece manufacturer and custom shop -- (a) doesn't have a Wick 4AL, (b) doesn't know the dimensions of a Wick 4AL, (c) doesn't have an employee who has a Wick 4AL, and (d) doesn't know anyone in their immediate area of Florida who has a Wick 4AL. Never mind the possibility of contacting Wick business-to-business and as a professional courtesy getting the dimensions of a Wick 4AL.

Why in the world would they need a customer half a world away to provide them with an example of one of the most commonly used trombone/euphonium mouthpieces on the planet?
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (PT-63)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kellyberg
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K9/112 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)