Thread: Northeast, UK, band needs players, can you help?

Northeast, UK, band needs players, can you help?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a sousaphone/tuba player who is up for joining a band that is a little left field and unique. I'm not sure how many of you guys are based in the UK, but if you would be interested please do get in touch. If you are not interested, but know someone who might be, then please send them my way. I’m not a horn player myself, so I’m not really connected to the scene, so I’m hoping you guys can help me get the word out and attract some players.

Some details:

Kerrang! approved Brass Metal band looking for members

‘We are many we are legion’ are the only metal band driven by a New Orleans style six piece horn section.

Watch the video for the debut single at the link below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P32NJ7OT1-0
    I wrote a bunch of material and enlisted friends and acquaintances to help record and release a debut track to see if it was a concept people would connect with. The response has been overwhelmingly positive with radio airplay on a number of stations, the most notable of which being Alex Baker’s Fresh Blood show on Kerrang! radio. Audience response has also been good, with the ‘band’ steadily gaining followers on social media and generating an exciting response.

Lost Inside was something of a test, but now it’s time to turn it into a living breathing band. A second single is currently in the making whilst I look at assembling a band.

I am looking for the following players: Sousaphone/Tuba, 2 x Trombone, 2 x Trumpet, Sax, aged under 30. This is not a typical brass band, but if you are looking for something different and if you love brass and metal this could be for you. More songs are written, demo versions available on request, if you are interested drop me a line at we@wearemanywearelegion.com and lets talk.

www.wearemanywearelegion.com

Out of curiosity, why are you not announcing these vacancies on your website?
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are you not announcing these vacancies on your website?
    Hi Dave, the main reason really is that I'm intending on putting something up on the main website and social media accounts if I need to fill only a few of the spots.

Testing that there was an audience for this music involved pitching the 'band' as already fully formed and I don't want to break that illusion unless I have to. Similar to how you might not advertise every local gig on your facebook page if 50% of your followers are from the US.

Since my full-time job is web development, that's the first place my brain tends to go! But I see your logic, and it's probably the best approach.

Good luck with the whole project!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Thanks Dave