Thread: Dr Brian Bowman Retires

Dr Brian Bowman Retires

I recently saw news break on Facebook that Dr Bowman is officially retiring at the end of this year. Sad to see him go, but amazing to look back at not only his career but the careers he made for all the other musicians he has taught. I wish him all the health and luck in retirement!
    Marco Santos - Marcher and Performer
    Guardians Drum & Bugle Corps 2015
    Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps 2016, 20i7, 2018

Adams E1
    Modified Schilke 52E2 by Justin Gorodetzky

Congratulations to Dr. Bowman! This is very well deserved for sure. One of - if not the best - euphonium teachers of all time. I believe he has more euphonium performers in military bands than any other teacher.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Dr. Bowman was on faculty at three of the four IET festivals that I attended, and my interactions with him were nothing but positive and profitable across the board. During my first festival in 2013, I was struck by the impression that all my euphonium heroes were younger than I was, but I wasn't sure about Dr. Bowman. I subsequently learned that he was indeed born after I was, but by less than two weeks, so yes, all of my euphonium heroes were still younger than I

I believe that it is safe to say that nobody in our era or any other era has done more to advance euphonium education and performance standards than Dr. Brian Bowman. I wish him a long, happy, and continually fruitful retirement.
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)