Thread: Besson euphonium without certificate

1. Besson euphonium without certificate

Hello,
    I'm going to buy an euphonium. I found a new Besson Sovereign, it has the certificate, but the certificate is not complete, it is empty!
    Is this normal, or what this means?
    Thanks

What does the empty certificate say? What are they certifying???

Years ago I played a Prestige for a few months, and it came with a card certificate with Steven Mead's signature, along with the serial number..Basically saying that he tested the euphonium. Is that what you are talking about?

I bought Besson Prestiges in 2008 and 2011 and neither came with a certificate.
    --
    Barry

4. Quote Originally Posted by euphdude View Post
    What does the empty certificate say? What are they certifying???

Years ago I played a Prestige for a few months, and it came with a card certificate with Steven Mead's signature, along with the serial number..Basically saying that he tested the euphonium. Is that what you are talking about?
    Yes, I'm talking about this card certificate. This euphonium has a card certificate, but there is no signature or hand-made writing. I would know if it should have been there.

Excuse me for my bad English.

Quote Originally Posted by giggiotb View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about this card certificate. This euphonium has a card certificate, but there is no signature or hand-made writing. I would know if it should have been there.

Excuse me for my bad English.
    Did you buy a Prestige? I don't recall ever seeing the card with the Sovereigns.

The one I had for a few months was one of the older (not Buffet) versions. It definitely had the card with Steve Mead's signature. I never purchased one of the new Prestiges.

6. Mine it's a new German Sovereign (2016).
    I thinked that Besson would test each horn and the tester would write the certificate.

My Sovereign Baritone was bought brand new with plastic still on the case and the certificate was blank.
    Jarrod Handley

8. If it's any comfort to the op I've blown a lot of prestiges with the certificate that assures you that the instrument is excellent in every way and bearing the signature of a wonderful player, only to find the usual level of variation between instruments. A few great, a few terrible, and most somewhere in-between.