Thread: Charles River Wind Ensemble

Charles River Wind Ensemble

The Charles River Wind Ensemble, a Boston area group is looking for players for the upcoming season. Although we are OK for Tuba. Euphonium and trombone at the moment, we do need alternates and I believe we may be looking for a trumpet player. What we are in desperate need of are skilled percussionists! So if you know anyone, please send them (or yourself) in our direction! Here is a link to our website. Below are some links to YouTube recordings of the pieces we will be working on for our November concert. Please use the website if you wish to contact our personnel manager.

Thanks, Carroll

British Invasion
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...yIyik_3xQk7tmg
    Gustav Holst, from The Planets - Mars and Jupiter
    Ralph Vaughan Williams, Six Studies in English Folk Songs (arr. Jerry Cadden)
    --Solo Euphonium and Wind Ensemble, Richard Kesner, soloist
    Ralph Vaughan Williams, English Folk Song Suite
    Daniel Basford, Symphony No. 1 “Prometheus”
    Adam Gorb, Awayday

2. What day of the week do you rehearse?
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

Matthew Marsit of Dartmouth College directs this group, and he is a wonderful musician. I have seldom worked under such a fine rehearsal technician, and his preparation is impeccable. It is uncommon for him to make a mistake or be unclear in his direction, which is really saying something, as he tends to program contemporary music with a high degree of complexity.

Carroll, please tell him that Matt Hodgson says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    What day of the week do you rehearse?
    Tuesday evenings from 7:00 - 9:30 at Watertown High School.

Quote Originally Posted by howrdhodge View Post
    Matthew Marsit of Dartmouth College directs this group, and he is a wonderful musician. I have seldom worked under such a fine rehearsal technician, and his preparation is impeccable. It is uncommon for him to make a mistake or be unclear in his direction, which is really saying something, as he tends to program contemporary music with a high degree of complexity.

Carroll, please tell him that Matt Hodgson says hello.
    I will!