Thread: Thick rim mouthpiece?

1. Thick rim mouthpiece?

Hi there,

I currently am in a bit of a dilemma. I have made the decision to stick on one mouthpiece for the last couple of months. That mouthpiece happens to be the laskey 57E. I love this mouthpiece but I'm having some issues with long term playing. While doing heavy duty practicing, i am constantly feeling as if the rim of the mouthpiece is digging far into my lips. Has anyone dealt with this same issue? Can anyone make any recommendations for a similar mouthpiece in this size range that has a thicker rim to it?

Thanks for your time,

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by euphish View Post
    Hi there,

I currently am in a bit of a dilemma. I have made the decision to stick on one mouthpiece for the last couple of months. That mouthpiece happens to be the laskey 57E. I love this mouthpiece but I'm having some issues with long term playing. While doing heavy duty practicing, i am constantly feeling as if the rim of the mouthpiece is digging far into my lips. Has anyone dealt with this same issue? Can anyone make any recommendations for a similar mouthpiece in this size range that has a thicker rim to it?

Thanks for your time,

Patrick
    Hi Patrick,

I had Dave Houser thread my 57E to fit Dough Elliott XT rims. You could also look at the Warburton 5GDL. The rim is a bit smaller than the 57E, but the cup may be around the same volume.

Mike