Thread: Mouthpiece $?

Mouthpiece $?

So, if I wanted to try new MP's, how would I go about doing this? Seems expensive to buy online $$$ and realize the MP is not for you? How do others try different MP's? Do you just walk into a store with your euph and say I would like to try some MP's? Currently playing a Mack Brass 1150S euph with a Schilke 51d. Would like to try a Wick MP or others... Any suggestions without purchasing blind? How do you select your MP's?
    Thanks,
    Charlie
    Charlie Graci
    Mack Brass 1150S; Bach 5 clone, Schilke 51d
    1970 Sigma 6 string acoustic (Martin clone)

2. Most music stores will let you walk in and try mouthpieces. If you don't have a decent store within driving distance, Mouthpiece Express and a couple other online stores have an "audition policy" that will let you try a mouthpiece for two weeks, then ship it back and get a refund if you don't like it (as long as you haven't damaged it).

Thanks for the quick reply. Now I won't feel so awkward walking into a store and asking to tryout a MP!
    Last edited by Charju; 05-18-2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Sp
    Charlie Graci
    Mack Brass 1150S; Bach 5 clone, Schilke 51d
    1970 Sigma 6 string acoustic (Martin clone)

DF Music http://dfmusicinc.com/ also has a nice tryout policy. (A friend plays a Mack euph and recently switched from a Schilke 51D to a Denis Wick 4AL, which in my opinion sounds like a good match for her and her instrument. However, different players can have different experiences.) DF is a Denis Wick seller if you are looking for something new. Used Wick 4ALs occasionally come up for sale here on this forum and on Ebay. I find it is good to have musical friend to give you feedback from a listener's standpoint when you are auditioning mps. Good luck.