Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Wessex Festivo

1. Willson does still make the front action compensating model. It is a custom order.

Since this thread has been bumped today, it's probably a good place to mention for anyone interested that the Festivo is currently ~$500 off for black Friday and Cyber Monday on Wessex's website. The double-bell, travel, and marching euphoniums are all on sale too.

“Other mouthpieces”? I assume you mean others you like better with this horn. If I’m correct, please list them with comments.
    Thanks

I guess I've missed it somewhere in the read but I'm looking at a Festivo that a friend is selling and have it on loan a few days. So far it is extremely comfortable to hold. I'm having a time to compare the sound with my other euphoniums made in Germany other than the oval. I've decided that I'm listening from a different angle with my left ear closest so I will compare with a video recording. The only thing I have a question on is the thumb ring of the right hand being adjustable or not. The left hand one does move and I'm not going to force or try to move the right hand ring until I get a definite answer. (maybe Jonathan can answer) Otherwise I'm happy with the pitch and the way I can hold it. The high B natural seems to play well and slots well.
    B&S 3046 Baritone/Euphonium
    Wessex Festivo
    B&S PT37-S
    Schilke ST20 Tenor Trombone
    Jupiter XO Double valve bass trombone

5. I would have to see picture to know if movable thumb ring. Older Duplex were so fitted, but the latest have larger fixed ring
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

6. I've been looking at getting one of these as well. What's the biggest difference in playability versus a traditional 3 + 1 instrument?

The last front-4 I played was my middle school's old Connstellation. Even now, I remember it being so much more comfortabe to hold and play.
    Whatever you lose, you'll find it again. What you throw away, you'll never get back.

-- Kenshin Himura

1974 B & H Imperial / Bach 3G -- no LTE mouthpieces for me!

[QUOTE=Jonathantuba;155079]I would have to see picture to know if movable thumb ring. Older Duplex were so fitted, but the latest have larger fixed ring[/QUO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1612.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	7596 Jonathan, I hope this helps, thanks. Getting to love the horn.
    Wessex Festivo
    B&S PT37-S

8. Looks adjustable to me. I would assume you loosen the knurled locking ring on the bottom, change the angle of the ring wrt to the valves section, and then tighten the ring.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

9. Yes definitely adjustable as Doug correctly says
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathantuba View Post
    Yes definitely adjustable as Doug correctly says
    Ok but it's so tight I wanted to make sure before I applied any force.
    Wessex Festivo
    B&S PT37-S

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112