Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS/FT: '66 Besson New Standard

Thumbs up FS/FT: '66 Besson New Standard

I am selling my '66 Besson New Standard Compensating Euphonium as I have purchased a tuba. It was sonic cleaned and the lacquer removed in late January by Mike Nye - http://www.nyerepair.com. It has not been played much since then. It is a good playing horn. The valves are in good shape. The price is $1800 plus shipping from Phoenix, Az. Thanks for looking.

ITEM IS SOLD

This has been put on consignment at Mike Nye's Intrument Reapir shop - here is the contact information - http://www.nyerepair.com/contactinfo.html

Here are some pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170124_Back.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	5078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170124_Bell.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	5079Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170124_Front.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	5080
    Last edited by davewerden; 06-14-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Put on consignment
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

FYI, I removed the thread icon. I'm trying to keep those binary for this category so the Sold items are clearly seen.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Ok. Thanks.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

4. Can you confirm what appears to be a small hole/puncture in the tubing downstream from the main tuning slide where it runs parallel to the first valve? (Photo of the back side of the euph). Also, have the valves had any work done to them? It appears that the valve tops are not the original New Besson "castle" style tops.
    Thanks.

Name:	IMG_9547.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	5081
    1979 Yamaha 321S Euphonium
    1965 Conn 7G/6H Valve Trombone
    2014 Wessex BR140 Baritone

Hello FedXav8r,

That is not a hole it is a pin sized dent. There are no holes or cracks in the brass. The valves are original and have not had work done. I did have the valve caps switched out to fit my fingers better. Mike Nye's shop has the original caps as they went through the horn in late January. I am including a picture I just took of the area. I can take more pictures if wanted or needed.

Name:	20170421_back2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	5082

Thanks.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

6. Thanks Rodgeman. One last question: How is the plating on the valve pistons?
    1979 Yamaha 321S Euphonium
    1965 Conn 7G/6H Valve Trombone
    2014 Wessex BR140 Baritone

Quote Originally Posted by FedXav8r View Post
    Thanks Rodgeman. One last question: How is the plating on the valve pistons?
    It is very good. I can send pictures after work if you would like.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

Added O.B.O. - or best offer. Thanks for looking.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

Hello Rodgeman,
    Nice horn!

I'm not in the market but if you are still looking for a buyer, you might check out the New Horizons Concert Band in Phoenix: Desert Foothills New Horizons Band. Their website is www.dfnhb.org

I was in the New Horizons Program in Toronto, Canada and had initially rented a horn. During that time, I tested three horns owned by members or their contacts. I really appreciated being able to play the horns for a week or two before determining whether the fit was good for me. I ended up purchasing the one I now own.

Good luck!
    Euph Loosh
    Imperial by Boosey & Hawkes 4-valve Euphonium (mid-1950's)
    MPs: Kosikup 1 1/2, Bowman BB2 Euro shank, Denis Wick 4AM; Marcus Bonna case

Thanks I will keep it in mind.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast