Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
Adrian - Your comment about dialing back your volume got me to thinking about what we do in the local New Horizons Band, which has many older people of varying hearing abilities. The director uses a wireless mic headset which connects to a couple of speakers on stands. We started this on my recommendation 3-4 years ago (I saw this being done at a New Horizons Band Camp in Washington state), and it works wonders in people being able to hear the director, and the director not having to shout or not being heard. I highly, highly recommend this. Many of the New Horizons Bands around the country do this, and even some other type bands (community, etc. with folks that aren't real old).
Hi John,

I've only seen this one once and that was with a convention band at a conference a few years back with 150+ people. Never really thought about doing it with my own groups, especially since I usually manage to be heard OK and haven't had any voice problems yet. But it might be worth a try. I think I'll have to get out of the habit of muttering to myself during rehearsal first, though...