Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Kurun & Gilbert (K&G) Mouthpieces

Sorry to jump in, but I've had issues with my K&G 3.5D inserting into different Euphonium leadpipes, a problem I have not had with the Wick. Wobbles is indeed the behavior that happens, unless I screw tighten the mouthpiece into the receiver. This was most apparent on the Yamaha Neo. It is not an issue on any of the Adams I have had.

All that being said, it's the best mouthpiece I've ever played. I returned a Shires Q41 med shank because I could not get THIS particular mouthpiece for that instrument.
    Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
    K&G 3.5D
    ---------------------------------
    Founder and Solo Euphonium
    San Francisco Brass Band

I too introduce myself to share my experience with K&G mouthpieces. They are by far the best mouthpieces I have ever played with ( euphonium, trombone and baritone). Actually, the comparison table that appears on the site can be misleading, in the sense that the measurements of the internal diameter can be considered exact ( making the measurement on a curved surface does not give a reliable result in absolute terms) but the K&G mouthpiece, compared to another of different brand with the same inner diameter feels smaller on the chops. probably the rim shape has such a conformation as to give this sensation. For me they are the most comfortable mouthpieces I have ever had which allows me a stamina increased by 100 percent with exceptional flexibility an at the same a safety in the attacks. As for the shank I have not encountered problems of any kind; they adapt perfectly to my instruments. I highly recommend them.
    Last edited by franz; 11-10-2020 at 03:45 AM.
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Just posted on Facebook:
    THE K&G EUPHONIUM MASTER RANGE MOUTHPIECES.
    The new range of the Euphonium Master Series is developed to achieve more precise details. It features the same rim profile, cup and bore with a newly designed backbore that produces maximum accuracy.
    Following the success and positive feedback we received on the standard series, we decided to keep this model and include the new updates in our latest euphonium mouthpiece design, The Master Series.
    Both The Standard and The Master Series are of a high performance. The standard is wider in sound quality while the Master range is less wide with more definition in all registers.
    The Master Series produces an increase in air velocity that creates a more powerful and bold sound. The characteristics of the sound are that it is more focused and centered with an enhanced projection followed by a lyric sound.
    Will be available soon !!
    Best regards
    Dennis Kurun Camilleri
    K&G Mouthpieces
    2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789