X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JorgEuphonium
    • May 2008

Hi everyone!

I've been playing the DW 4AL and DW SM4U for several years. I've read that the comparaison chart on the K&G website isn't reliable. Which size it's equivalent to the size 4 of Denis Wick?
    Last edited by JorgEuphonium; 06-17-2020, 02:43 AM.
    Jorge Estruch: Euphonium, trombone & tuba teacher/Euphonium player

Euph: Besson Prestige 2052-2
    Mpc: ​Denis Wick 4AL

Twitter: @jorgeuphonium
    Instagram: @jorge_estruch
    Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JorgEuphonium

Comment

• DutchEupho
      • Apr 2006

That would be the 3.5D
      Euphonium: Adams E3 Custom Series (SS Bell)
      Trombone: Benge 175F

Comment

• franz
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by JorgEuphonium View Post
        Hi everyone!

I've been playing the DW 4AL and DW SM4U for several years. I've read that the comparaison chart on the K&G website isn't reliable. Which size it's equivalent to the size 4 of Denis Wick?
        I would suggest the 4D, which measures exactly 26 mm inside the cup.
        2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Comment

• JorgEuphonium
          • May 2008

Originally posted by franz View Post
          I would suggest the 4D, which measures exactly 26 mm inside the cup.
          Thanks, I talked to Robbert Vos and he suggested me the 4D
          Last edited by JorgEuphonium; 06-22-2020, 02:55 AM.
          Jorge Estruch: Euphonium, trombone & tuba teacher/Euphonium player

Euph: Besson Prestige 2052-2
          Mpc: ​Denis Wick 4AL

Twitter: @jorgeuphonium
          Instagram: @jorge_estruch
          Youtube:
          https://www.youtube.com/user/JorgEuphonium

Comment

• franz
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by JorgEuphonium View Post
            Thanks, I spoke with Robbert Vos and he suggested me the 4D
            I advise you to contact Dennis Kurun Camilleri ( you can do it with Facebook messenger, he will answer you immediately) and to buy directly from him the new one with the recently developed upgrade which has small improvements in tone, response, projection and ease of issue. If you buy it in a store or on the k&g website you will probably get the old model which, in any case, is the same very performing.
            2007 Besson Prestige 2052, 3D+ K&G mouthpiece; JP373 baritone, 4B modified K&G mouthpiece; Bach 42GO trombone, T4C K&G mouthpiece; 1973 Besson New Standard 3 compensated valves, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece; Wessex French C tuba, 3D+ K&G modified mouthpiece.

Comment

• franz
              • Dec 2015

K&G mouthpieces are now available at Dillon music.https://www.facebook.com/groups/1730...82581/?app=fbl

Comment

• stevevaughn
                • Oct 2011

I have an old K&G 3.5D from 2013 I am playing on right now, and just asked Dennis about the updates. He says that Dillon music will carry all of the new ones, and for the most part any K&G mouthpiece ordered in the past 2 years will be an updated one.

I plan on buying an updated one and comparing it to my old one and can update people here if interested on my findings!
                Steven Vaughn, D.M.A.
                Professor of Tuba & Euphonium, University of Northern Colorado

Principal Tuba - Fort Collins Symphony
                Euphonium - Fountain City Brass Band

Eastman 836 CC Tuba
                Meinl Weston 2182W F Tuba
                Besson 2052 Euphonium

Comment

• Gillman
                  • Nov 2020

Buongiorno a tutti, mi chiamo Giulio e suono uno York eminence in una banda nel nord Italia, attualmente uso un SM3 ultra con cui mi trovo abbastanza bene, avendo poco tempo a disposizione per esercitarsi ho qualche problema di resistenza e mi chiedevo se un blocchino K&G potesse essermi d'aiuto.
                  Il tono che ho mi piace, non vorrei modificarlo troppo con un blocchino diverso, secondo voi con un K&g probabilmente riuscirò a mantenere lo stesso timbro con una maggiore resistenza? Grazie molte per gli eventuali consigli, complimenti per il sito sempre molto interessante.
                  A presto e buona musica.

Giulio Luzzi.

Moderator Translation (using Google translate): Hello everyone, my name isGiulio and I play a York eminence in a band in northern Italy, currently I use an SM3 ultra with which I am quite comfortable, having little time available to practice. I have some resistance problems and I was wondering if a K&G block could help me. I like the tone I have, I wouldn't want to change it too much with a different block, do you think I will be able to keep the same tone with greater resistance with a K & G? Thank you very much for any advice, congratulations for the always very interesting site. See you soon and good music. Giulio Luzzi.
                  Last edited by daruby; 11-01-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• franz
                    • Dec 2015

Hi Giulio, I'm from northern Italy too, precisely in Varese. I have been using K&G mouthpieces for several years on the euphonium, trombone and baritone. Previously I switched from the Bach 6 1/2 AL to the Schilke 51D, then to the Wick SM3, 3 Ultra and 3X. With k&G mouthpieces I had a noticeable improvement in all aspects: tone, intonation, projection ,flexibility and resistance. As for the resistance I can play continuously for long time without getting tired ( practicing every day), moreover the tone, in my opinion, is similar but slightly better than the SM3, while the resistance is increased by 100%. If you processed with the purchase, please note that the comparison table on the site gives smaller sizes. If you currently use SM3 get 3D.

Comment

• JakeGuilbo
                      • Feb 2006

I reached out to Dennis Kurun on Facebook last month and said that Dillon has the newest revision of the K&G Euph MP in the USA, for anyone curious. Thinking about picking up a gold plated 3.5D.
                      Adams E3 0.6 with SS Bell
                      K&G 3.5D
                      ---------------------------------
                      Founder and Solo Euphonium
                      San Francisco Brass Band

Comment

• Dennis Kurun Camilleri
                        • Nov 2020

Hello

I think I deleted the message cause Im trying to find the longer message. Thanks for accepting me Dave much appreciated.

Best regards
                        Dennis Kurun Camilleri
                        K&G Mouthpieces
                        Last edited by Dennis Kurun Camilleri; 11-07-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• graeme
                          • Jun 2009

Is anyone aware of the physical changes that have been made to the newer euphonium mouthpieces, cup, back bore, etc. I have enquired with Denis and he has replied "The adjustments were little to keep and improve the old one."

Comment

• davewerden
                            Administrator
                            • Nov 2005

Dennis Kurun Camilleri - Welcome to the forum! We always enjoy having manufacturers in the discussion.

I have hidden your longer post because it contained Barry's direct email address. He checks in regularly so I assume he will see the post above. You can send him a private message with the email threads if you like. Just click on Barry's user name at the top of any of his posts and you will see the "Private Message" option.

Thanks!
                            Dave Werden (ASCAP)
                            Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
                            Adams Artist (Adams E3)
                            Alliance Mouthpiece DC3, Wick 4AL, Wick 4ABL
                            YouTube: dwerden
                            Facebook: davewerden
                            Twitter: davewerden
                            Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Comment

• graeme
                              • Jun 2009

Thankyou Dennis for your additional information.
                              "new development was done in the cup shape and back bore and the bore is the same. The outer design and rim shape is like the old

Comment

• Dennis Kurun Camilleri
                                • Nov 2020

Dear Barry,

Hope you are fine. I remember you perfectly. We did our best to assist you and help you. I have all e mails regarding your purchase and all conversations regarding what we spoke and it was a pleasure for us to communicate with you. We have a 15 days trial in our terms and condition to let players be comfortable to try them out. However when we send the mouthpiece to you that you purchased on 17th December 2012 ( Euphonium 5D and Tenor Trombone 5C both in gold versions. We sent only the Tenor Trombone T5C mouthpiece cause the Euph mouthpiece was out of stock) after you tried it out you decided to return it back and we agreed but you opened a dispute on paypal for a prompt refund. We do and did our refund but first we had to receive the mouthpiece and you wanted the refund before the mouthpiece was arrived to us. To be honest we were so kind to accept the mouthpiece back when Gold plating mouthpieces are custom orders and are not returnable. About Paypal refund you paid by Paypal and we did your refund by Paypal. If you had charges with Paypal we had charges too. This happened in 2012 and we have all e mails if you want I will send a copy of your e mails. We sold out hundreds of mouthpieces and till now we didnt had any complaint. Time has passed and from 2011 when we opened, our designs were improved. Our first priority is customer satisfaction.

Hello Barry scroll down

Mouthpiece Purchased 17th December 2012
                                Shipping took 6 to 8 days to arrive your destination.
                                15 days Trial Policy.
                                January 22nd 2013 you opened dispute for refund.
                                Nearly one month for receiving back our mouthpiece.

Best regards
                                Dennis Kurun Camilleri
                                K&G Mouthpieces

Comment

Working...
                                X