Thread: Will a YEP-321 fit in JEP-470 case?

1. Will a YEP-321 fit in JEP-470 case?

Sorry, if this query has already been addressed or is posted in the wrong place. Does anyone know if a Yamaha Euphonium (YEP-321) will fit in Jupiter Euphonium (JEP-470) case? Or, if anyone can recommend an economical and sturdy alternative for around a $100 including shipping. Thanks in advance for any information.

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Yep, jep and nyet.

Most hard shelled cases are $200 or more. This one: http://www.wwbw.com/Protec-Deluxe-Eu...Up-540223.wwbw
    is about $105 including shipping, but it is a gig bag, however, appears pretty sturdy.

About the cheapest hard case that I know of is: http://www.wwbw.com/SKB-375-Universa...se-585175.wwbw
    at about $195.

Happy hunting!!
    Last edited by John Morgan; 03-26-2017 at 12:57 AM.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

3. Mr. Morgan,

I appreciate the response and information. I ask, because I have a YEP-321 that I'm about to put on the market. But, it doesn't have a case; I found a used Jupiter case in my price range. I'm debating whether to market it without a case, purchase the Jupiter case for it, or get a new case for my personal 321 (Holton stencil) and give it's case to the one going to market. But, I've digressed...

Thanks again for the reply and nice to meet you, albeit it virtually.

p.s. The SKB looks like a good deal. I have their flight case for my Bach 42BO trombone and like it.