Hello all!

I've recently been entertaining the idea of going back to school for a graduate degree, since my current job prospects are drying up quickly (Teaching English as a Second Language for Graduate and Undergraduate college students, go figure). My Undergrad was in Euphonium with the TEFL certificate, but I've been advised that if I want to go the teaching route, it may be time for me to begin my Tuba journey to round out my resume. I've also been told that I'd probably have to audition at a college level on Tuba to get an assistantship, so starting ASAP is in my best interest.

The question, should I go the Eb/Bb route or bite the bullet and go with the F/C? Eb has been recommended to me, presumably because of the overlap in fingerings, but would that be limiting in the long run? I know F/C is more standard in the Orchestral realm, but outside of that I don't know. I've always read Bass Clef, and am fairly proficient at note *name* reading (not just *fingerings*), so I'm not concerned about reading too much once I get settled on an instrument.

Thanks in advance for any input!