Thread: Best place to have a mouthpiece replated.

1. Best place to have a mouthpiece replated.

I need to have my mouthpiece replated as it is now completely worn to the raw brass. Any suggestions on the best place to have it replated would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to those who respond.
    1979 Yamaha 321S Euphonium
    1965 Conn 7G/6H Valve Trombone
    2014 Wessex BR140 Baritone

Anderson Silver Plating in Elkhart, IN. is the best in the business.
    www.andersonsilverplating.com

3. I've heard of Justin Gorodetzky. I have no experiences with him but I think there are people on here who have. You can find him on facebook and instagram

Getting a mouthpiece replated is more than just send it in and get it back. There is a preparation process that Anderson will do, or a good tech like Lee Stofer will do. The entire process more expensive than getting a new mouthpiece. Unless you have something that is really unique, of historic value or of personal value, it is a better choice to purchase a new mouthpiece. Also, you will be without this mouthpiece for several months. What will you use in the interim?

Quote Originally Posted by daviste View Post
    I've heard of Justin Gorodetzky. I have no experiences with him but I think there are people on here who have. You can find him on facebook and instagram
    Justin does fantastic work! I've been playing mine from him for a year now, he's making me another one right now with gold plating on the rim. I would get in touch with him he has a lower rate for just restoring a piece.

https://www.facebook.com/JustinotherMouthpieceC0/

Doug Elliott has done a great job for me in plating mouthpieces he didn't make, as well as doing all the prep. Affordable and very quick turn-around.
    --
    Barry

7. Quote Originally Posted by FedXav8r View Post
    I need to have my mouthpiece replated as it is now completely worn to the raw brass. Any suggestions on the best place to have it replated would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to those who respond.
    Gold Chops UK

8. I use Gold Chops, US (in Maine). But this is only for Gold overplating on mouthpieces already in good condition....I do mouthpiece rims and cups on most of mine.
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band