X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sirendude2015
    • Oct 2015

3D modeling/CAD

3D modeling is a side-hobby of mine. I've been at it for close to 5 years (started at age 12). I primarily model instruments, but I was also modeling vehicles and other miscellaneous things until I discovered that the music hobby could be incorporated into modeling. I model using SketchUp 8 with numerous plugins installed, such as Maxwell Render (free version), Shape Bender, and Curviloft.

I have a Photobucket with many of my instrument models, including tubas, euphoniums, trombones, trumpets, and more. Most of the models are prototypes or concepts of instruments that I've thought up over the years. The better the detail and quality of the model, the more recent its completion. The "N" series euphoniums (excluding the Soprano) are the most recent, completed 3 days prior to this post.

Anyone else do 3D modeling/CAD work? If so, what have you created?
    Avid horn collector, check my profile to see what I've got (not enough room to reasonably squeeze 14 horns down here!)
    YouTube Channel: TheNEWTrombonium
  • JP
    • Jan 2007

I also do 3D modeling (use SolidWorks). I work as a manufacturing engineer so my models are of tools, fixtures, equipment, etc. I also model parts and tools for one of my hobbies - HO slot car racing.

I am retiring soon and enjoy 3D design and modeling so much that I hope to continue doing it part time after retirement.

Comment

Working...
    X