X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmckevitt
    • Jun 2014

Hirsbrunner Mouthpieces made by Bruno Tilz NEA

Hi, Does anyone have any knowledge of Hirsbrunner Euph mouthpieces made by Brun Tilz NEA? I came across 2 used models, the 4G and the 2C. I am trying to find out the specs on these. Are they any good? What do they go for? A comprehensive list of all Hirsbrunner Euph and Tuba mouthpieces would be nice . I did not see them listed on D Werden's charts.Best Wishes everyone, John McKevitt
  • euphisto
    • Jul 2006

Hello John,

Interesting post. I haven't thought about the Hirsbrunner Tilz 4G in a long time. Having just played it for a few moments, I would have to say that in an unscientific visual inspection, the Tilz 4G is closer to the size of a VB 5G with a rounder rim - maybe slightly more shallow. I think I like the sound of the Hirsbrunner Tilz better than the VB 5G on euphonium, for what that's worth.

I got mine with my Hirsbrunner. I think this was the mouthpiece that came with the horn during the 1990s, but it may have always been offered with the horn. I remember looking on the Tilz website at some point and didn't see the "Hisbrunner-Tilz 4G." I assume that the Tilz company stamped "Hirsbrunner" the mouthpiece just because it was offered with the horn and not because it was a special model. Here's a link to their site. I don't think I actually see 4G either, but maybe I'm just missing it.

http://www.mundstueckbau-tilz.de/ind...305-b-tilz-nea

I've not heard of the 2C. I do know a few people who played or still play Hirsbrunner euphoniums. As far as I know, none of them play the Tilz mouthpiece that came with the horn. I think it's a good mouthpiece, but a little too small for my tastes.

I hope this helps.

Robert Pendergast, DM

Comment

• euphisto
      • Jul 2006

Oops,

I see the NEA 4G model under bass trombone: http://www.mundstueckbau-tilz.de/ind...306-b-tilz-nea

Comment

• bbocaner
        • May 2009

Originally posted by euphisto View Post
        Hello John,
        VB 5G with a rounder rim
        Hard to get much rounder than a VB 5G!
        --
        Barry

Comment

• johnmckevitt
          • Jun 2014

They are both on Ebay now if anyone is interested.$60.00 each
          Thanks for the replies. John McKevitt

Comment

• Art Lewis
            • May 2013

BTW "NEA" ist the abbreviation of the town Bruno Tilz´company is located at: Neustadt Aisch in Franconia / Bavaria / Germany
            Sterling Virtuoso / Giddings Kadja
            Yamaha 642 II / Giddings Kadja
            Yamaha YBH 831S / Giddings Kadja S
            Yamaha Flügelhorn 631GS / DW2FL

Comment

Working...
            X