Thread: Music House Hoellwerth

1. Music House Hoellwerth

There seems to be no one yet who reported about experiences with Hoellwert, although this shop is rather active on the web and advertises with reasonable prices and low transport costs at least towards the US. But, who knows how far advertisement may be from reality?

Search engines sometimes list the shop with high ranking, although it seems to be a moderately big shop in Bad Goisern, Austria. The ranking might be due to the bunch of domain names operated by Hoellwert. You find the shop under www.musikhaus-hoellwerth.at, www.eng.musikhaus.auf.co.at, and www.eng.dudelsack.at as well as under a lot of domain names mimicing manufarturers adresses like www.cerveny.biz. These web domains are either operated by Hoellwerth or by another music house in the same town called Sonnleitner, in fact being related to Hoellwerth. The Pages are interlinked, and sometimes you are forwarded between the domains.

The reason why I tell all this: Although the pages under these different web domains look nearly identical, they sometimes offer extremely deviating prices.

What I would like to know: If I order an instrument through the cheapest Hoellwerth page, will I get it for that price? The only way to find that out is: doing.

So, end of December 2016 I ordered a tuba. Until now, mid January 2017, I have not got any answer.

It's always beneficial to learn about stores we don't know yet. Please let us know how it goes. I assume you DID receive an acknowledgement of your order, correct?
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    I assume you DID receive an acknowledgement of your order, correct?
    Nope. As I said: I have not got any answer so far.

I could be asking the obvious, but have you tried contacting them? Their e-mailaddress and phonenumber are on the bottom of each of their homepages. Also they have Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/musikhaushoellwerth/

(it states by the way that they are closed from 16.01.2017 until 21.01.2017)

5. Quote Originally Posted by MarChant View Post
    I could be asking the obvious, but have you tried contacting them? Their e-mailaddress and phonenumber are on the bottom of each of their homepages.
    Yes indeed. I wrote several e-mails, but so far did not receive any reply.

Possibly the reason is language. I wrote in English, because I ordered through one of their international sites. Well, maybe their international sites are not that much international. For example, they write:

If you us in the business to visit would like to find you to us in that
    Kurparkstrasse 1

This is likely the result of an automatic translation from Austrian (= German). The original reads:

Wenn Sie uns im Geschäft besuchen möchten finden Sie uns unter folgender Adresse
    Untere Marktstrasse 9

(By the way. Do automatic translators exchange street names and house numbers? )

In any case, for my next e-mail I will use German. And then, I will give them some more days to answer and hope for the best.

6. Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuba Mo View Post
    In any case, for my next e-mail I will use German.
    I wrote them in German (or what I consider might be German). No answer.
    On their facebook page, I found the shop was closed from Jan 16 to Jan 21, but meanwhile they had another week to reply.

My (preliminary) conclusion is not very positive. Imagine you had an instrument from Hoellwerth and they wouldn't react on your questions or problems? Imagine you had to send back your instrument and you woudn't be hearing from them?

If they don't react on a customer's dollars, will they ever react on a customer's complaint?

Thanks for following up. I have to say, it sounds like a shop I would avoid.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

I tried myself to send an email. I'll let you know if I hear back.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

9. Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    I tried myself to send an email. I'll let you know if I hear back.
    If you get an answer and I did not, ...

10. Update:
    Finally I took the phone. This works if you understand Austrian (German) and, if applicable, you take care of a possible time difference.

They found my e-mails in the spam folder and promised to answer immediately. And so they did - at least if you consider "immediatly" as "within two weeks".

Unfortunately, instead of confirming my order, they replied (in German) the tuba would only be available at almost double of the price I found by comparing their international domains. Especially with respect to the very homepage where I found my tuba, they claim having deleted it more than one year ago, and wonder why someone like me could still find it. - Well, I don't take this as a blame, I take it as an excuse.

Let's say it positively: If you understand German and if you are not discouraged by some weeks of waiting for replies and if you don't bother about the exact price within a factor of two, Music House Hoellwerth should be your recommended supplier.