Hi there,

On January 14/15, I will be in Modesto, California, performing with an alumni Symphonic Band in support of a music scholarship fund endowed by Dr. Stephen Stroud, former director of bands at MJC and a classmate of mine from 1969-71 when we both attended MJC. This concert will be co-conducted by Steve and by Erik Maki, current Director of Bands at MJC. The concert is at 3:00P and will culminate a weekend of hard rehearsal.

The program is fantastic and is probably the most difficult I have performed with a wind ensemble in years. I remember being led by Dr. Harold Jenkins, Dr. Frank Bencriscutto, Dr. Donald Hunsburger, and several others over the last 50 years performing most of these works. The list includes:

1. Festive Overture - Shostakovich
  2. Pineapple Poll - (full Suite) - Arthur Sullivan
  3. Variations on America - Ives
  4. Before Thy Throne I Now Appear - Bach
  5. Lohengrin - Wagner
  6. Irish Tune from County Derry - Grainger
  7. Stars and Stripes - Sousa
  8. El Capitan - Sousa

If you are in Central California, I encourage your attendance. Tickets are just $10.00 at the door. Separate contributions may be made at the concert and before. Checks made to the MJC Foundation are tax deductible. MJC Foundation, 435 College Avenue, Modesto, CA 95350 attn:Stroud Scholarship.