Thread: New Tornister Euphonium!

1. Quote Originally Posted by iiipopes View Post
    Valve bore?
    13mm or 0.51"
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

When do you anticipate that you'll begin taking orders?
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Denis Wick 4AL

3. Very soon start taking orders, but delivery not until summer
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

While it looks nice and I can see the advantages of it, is it possible to put a rotary 5th valve attached to it for those rare times you may have to play The Holst 1st Suite in Eb for example?

I tried this instrument out at TUSABTEW. It has a suprisingly dark tone when played softly--and it can get extremely soft--and gets a nice but not annoying edge when pushed. It's a unique experience playing with the bell right in front of your face. It definitely plays more like a euphonium than a valve trombone or bass trumpet, but I think the overall sound is different enough from a real euphonium that I would not want to see one in a concert band. The valves felt really good, perhaps with a lever travel that was a little longer than necessary, but very smooth. I did not notice any glaring intonation problems (other than what you'd expect with a non-comp instrument) with my quick test. The foam-body case they had with it was larger than it needed to be. I'd be interested in a gig bag for maximum portability in regional jet overhead bins. Overall, a really fun instrument!
    --
    Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12