Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffet factory visit (Germany)

Buffet factory visit (Germany)

First post to the forum...

I just wanted to let people know that I'll be visiting the Buffet factory in Germany next week (where they produce all the Besson Euphoniums).
    This is the address: Gewerbepark 52, 08258 Markneukirchen, right next to the Czech border.
    I'll write up my experiences once I'm back, but if there is anything in particular anyone would like to find out add an entry to this thread.

I have three B&S instruments that may have been made in that factory. Two euphoniums and a tenor trombone. The euphoniums are no longer manufactured by B&S. One is a 4 valve oval horn which was on their web site until no so long ago. The Pertucci euphonium hasn't been made for quite a while even though I just bought it brand new. Must of been old stock. Both horns are non compensating but are great for community band and play relatively in tune and really have a great sound. The trombone I bought used for a good price and has the best slide action of any trombone I've played. It's probably a clone but a great horn.

It seems (according to Google maps) that there are several musical instrument workshops / factories in a tight 200 metre radius in Markneukirchen. Perhaps they are all part of the Buffet group.

All three horns say Markneukirchen Klingenthal The trombone is a model 30550, the upright euphonium is a PT33 and oval horn is either a 3046 or 3048

Besson and Courtois instruments are now made in the former Keilwerth & Schreiber (York) building which is about a half-mile away from the B&S factory where B&S, the non-handmade Meinl Weston, and Hans Hoyer are made.
    --
    Barry

I had a fantastic time in Markneukirchen. The trip was well worth it. I've put together a few photos with descriptions in a PDF file but unfortunately it is larger than the forum 19.5 KB file upload limit
    If you think your email Inbox can handle a 748 KB PDF file, I'll gladly email it to you

Jawad: watch for a PM from me. I'll make sure we get the file posted here. Thanks!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Here is the PDF with several nice pictures!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Very cool, thanks for the report!
    --
    Barry

What a great opportunity to tour Buffet-Crampon! Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast