Thread: Current Stock of Adams Euphoniums listed

1. Red face Current Stock of Adams Euphoniums listed

Howdy everyone!

I thought I'd post a link to the fact that we have listed our current stock of Adams Euphoniums up on our web store (you can also choose to custom build any Adams model with drop-down menus in the Custom Adams E1 and E2 listings (E3 custom build page will be posting shortly). We even have two instruments up at show demo prices if you'd like a super deal! We are more than happy to supply detailed pictures for anyone as well.

Check these out at this link below:

http://austincustombrass.mybigcommerce.com/euphonium/

If anyone has any questions please give the shop a call (781-944-6247) or email us at info@austincustombrass.com.

Thanks for your wonderful support of our shop!

Regards,

Trent Austin
    Owner
    Austin Custom Brass
    www.austincustombrass.com
    Trent Austin
    Owner
    Austin Custom Brass
    www.austincustombrass.biz
    I started on Baritone BTW in 3rd grade band

Folks: notice the show-model E2 for only $6,250! There are other good prices as well and several to choose from.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

This is another reason I wish I lived in the US. I would have a field day tooting on them!
    1983 Boosey & Hawkes Sovereign
    Denis Wick SM4 (original series)

[QUOTE=AustinCustomBrass;137025]I thought I'd post a link to the fact that we have listed our current stock of Adams Euphoniums [snip]
    Has anyone tried that E3 with the short valves? Does that affect intonation or response? I certainly covet it, but I don't currently have SAF (spousal approval factor) saved up since I recently upgrade the TV in the den.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

I tried it, but I did not notice any intonation problems. However, it did seem somewhat more stuffy than I am used to.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    I tried it as well at ITEC in Knoxville this year (2016). I played it in a room with others playing other horns, but it did not seem to have any obvious intonation problems. The valve stems are noticeably shorter, so you could go pretty darn quick, however I did not care for the valve buttons that were on that particular horn (I think they were brass and convex). Miel (from Adams) told me after the conference that those are not necessarily the valve caps that might be shipped with a short action horn if it goes into production (I still think at the point I tried it in June 2016, it was a prototype horn). I have to somewhat agree with Dave that the horn did not sound quite as remarkable as my own (an Adams E3 with SS bell). That could simply be that it was, I think, a yellow brass bell (might be gold, but I don't think so) and lacquered horn, whereas mine is a sterling silver bell and other metals on the body (gold brass, yellow brass and rose brass - the short action horn also has rose brass on the main tuning slide).
    Last edited by John Morgan; 08-03-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)