Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawn Dishwashing Liquid

Sorry guys. I know this is probably more than you really wanted to know about Dawn soup... I mean Dawn soap.

I just cleaned out my horn today using Dawn soap and the Quick Horn Rinse (with sudser). BTW, some have had trouble with the plastic jar splitting apart from the soap. Since I've had that trouble with two jars, I now insert a plastic sandwich bag inside the jar before I squeeze in the soap. I've done this twice now with good success. I've let Bill Ricker know about this ploy too. I see that Bill has upgraded his QHR which has a one-piece jar now. Should work better.

http://stores.quickhornrinse.com/
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

2. Good to know it is not just me having trouble with the GHR jars.

I want to say though that Bill Ricker stands behind his products 100%. I contacted him after the first canister leaked. At that time he told me about the sandwich bag idea (maybe he learned that from you) but he also sent a new canister. Now the second one is leaking and he said he is sending me another replacement canister PLUS another sudser unit, which may be the improved design that you referred to. You can't beat that for customer service.

While I am at it, I will endorse the hand strap that he sells also. It is very helpful, mostly for playing while standing, but I use it even while sitting. At this point I wouldn't want to be without it--it feels like driving without a seat belt.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel76309 View Post
    While I am at it, I will endorse the hand strap that he sells also. It is very helpful, mostly for playing while standing, but I use it even while sitting. At this point I wouldn't want to be without it--it feels like driving without a seat belt.
    Another thumbs up for the hand strap.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

Quote Originally Posted by daniel76309 View Post
    Love the hand strap. Won't play without one now whether I'm sitting or standing.
    Adrian L. Quince
    Composer, Conductor, Euphoniumist
    www.adrianquince.com

Kanstul 976 - SM4U

5. Quote Originally Posted by ghmerrill View Post
    I'm hoping you don't really do this with the waterfowl.
    LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12